• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From VA

LTDanUSCG

Good morning all!

As you can see in my signature Im mostly a musclecar guy but a couple of years ago I picked up a 1977 Dodge M880 for a hunting and general off-road fun truck. Its mechanically sound, the CARC paint is still in good shape and it still has all of its military markings but it has some rust spots in the rear wheelwells and floors. As best as I can tell, it was an MP truck at Fort Campbell.

So now Im trying to decide what to do with it. Is there any interest in these as restored military vehicles?

I live in the Hampton Roads area and there seems to be a pretty active historic military vehicle community here.

Attachments

197thhhc

Welcome to the site. The old Dodges were great trucks. They dont bring premium money but it will be worth more than a civilian dodge of the same year. I have one I am trying to buy off a guy now.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard sir, the m880's are built like tanks. Like everything od, you wont be able to own just one.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! I'm down at Ft. Lee, debating one of these CUCV/Dodge trucks... waiting to hear what my next duty station will be before I sink in the money...

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why wait sir, im leaving for Bahrain in June and I keep buying stuff like its going out of style. This od fever is impossible to cure.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next duty station might be a 2 (+) year stint in S. Korea and I don't want to have to deal with storing another vehicle... trust me, I keep looking, and being tempted...

IF I do end up in Korea, my plan is to find an MB and restore it over there... I hope!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks