• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Arkansas

rockyroad217

Hi everyone. My name is Ryan and I am new to the world of MV's. I have toyed around with Willys jeeps over the last few years, and would like to get my first M35A2. I looked around on GL, but the closest ones to me are in Pineville LA. I noticed it says none of them run. Does GL actually try to start them? I was thinking if they tried, it could be as simple as a dead or missing battery.

I think I am better off looking for one from an individual. Anyway, I plan to come here often and learn as much as I can before I spend any money on one just yet. I look forward to learning what I can!:cool:

ARYankee

Welcome to Steel Soldiers!!!! I'm glad to see another Arkansan on here :)

With GL, it depends on the site, as far as if they started and what not. If you are looking for the least hassle route, then I would try private. You can check out the Classifieds here, EBay, and Craigslist. There are also some MV dealers out there as well. It just hinges on what you want to spend.

You are more than welcome to come and check my MVs out.

rockyroad217

Thanks for the advice. I actually work in Benton off of Congo road. I live in Sheridan though. I'm not looking to spend a fortune buying one in perfect shape. I'd rather find one that needs some work so I can learn as I go too.

ARYankee

Cool. I live not too far off of Congo on Steel Bridge. I know there was one for sale in Bryant not too long ago.

rockyroad217

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes it was but it was listed in Bryant for $2500. I saw the one in Glenwood and that is way too high.
$2500 is more of what I want to spend. My family and girlfriend don't like me riding motorcycles, so getting into this would be a good reason to get rid of the motorcycle haha.