• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Central Florida

ReinersRigs

Whats up everyone, just joined this site because like all of us on here I love the military trucks and equipment. I personally dont have one but do have a 71 Suburban that my father and myself own. The suburban was built mostly by my dad for my late older brother who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010. My brother was a Army Ranger and extremely proud of what he did. he had the dream of making a truck like our dad had when we were kids so thats how the suburban came to be. Its now a memorial and play toy of sorts. it sits on a 86 suburban frame 5.38 gears front and rear, 14 bolt FF rear and 10 bolt corporate front. 44 inch ground hawgs on 14 inch wide bart wheels. stock 350 small block backed by a SM465 trans, 203/205 doubler transfercase, triple stick shifter setup for the case. 9 ton 24volt winch attached on the front, my brother actually acquired it while on tour in Iraq and had it shipped back home to put on the truck. hope you guys and gals like it. Our goal is to meet some of you and hang out on some meet and greets and just enjoy the machines that our nations minds have created. Sorry for the long story guys hope you dont bash me too bad :popcorn:. Ill post a few pics of the suburban as soon as i can

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ReinersRigs,

Welcome aboard. There is no cure for the Green Fevor. I maintain a Florida Members List on SS. Go to the "Search" function above, enter, "Calling All Florida SS. " and send me your info and I will list you.

A lot of great guys and gals here in Florida.

DHennon :)

phil2968

I have seen the suburban! It is a sweet ride. I have known his dad for quite a few years and just met him Saturday. They are my neighbors, about a mile away. I hope they can join us in Richloam sometime. Welcome to the site!

Danl

Danl M915A1

Hey did you guys see that truck full of mud? I'd say this guy needs a 5 ton with over size tires. with a 5 ton he won't get mud in the cab and all over his Left arm. Yes sir he needs a Green five ton , Welcome from Maine

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I hope they can join us in Richloam sometime.
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo:

As long as we are breathing the sacrifice of your brother will not be forgotten.

Come join us at the GA Rally in Oct. There is already a thread posted about it.

There is usually a convoy from FL headed up that way.

You and the "Burb" will be welcome.

rbeasley66

Welcome ReinersRigs,
There's always something going on around here and it can get very interesting at times.
So "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." That applies to the GA Rally in Oct. by the way.
Let me know if there's anything my brother, Phil2968, and I can do for you.
Rick

ReinersRigs

Thanks guys I appreciate it. We definitely want to go out and play with you big guys lol. Definitely want to upgrade the axles under the Burb. Just the money deal holding it up right now. It runs pretty tough the way it is but we know that front axle isn't the best option for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks