• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Iowa hey

marbaja252

I am just getting into this new arena and hope to learn a lot from you all. I am trying to decide on some local trucks and would take any input please.

Already bobbed M35a2, but a stacked frame with 53" tires & winch hard top, or M35a3 untitled with all the GL paperwork 6x6 yet. Seller wants to sell it the way it is, does anyone see a problem with that? Thanks Matt.

Al Harvey

Welcome from Tn.

You have to decide what works best for you. Bobbed is nice because it takes up less space. Also the M35A3 has a diesel engine and automatic transmission. The M35A2 was a multifuel and manual transmission.

As for the paperwork, check with your local DMV and see what you need to have to get it registered. These laws vary from state to state.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

The seller can not reassign the GL paperwork unless he is a dealer. As said check with your DMV to see what is required.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard from warm sunny Florida! A no title vehicle can wind up as a yard ornament or a farm truck that never can go on the highways. Check with your DMV to be sure before plunking down your hard earned cash!

iatractor

Welcome from another Iowan. As for the M35A3 without title, stay clear of it. Your chances of getting it registered in the state without a clear title is nil to zilch.

marbaja252

I agree guys the seller needs to get things figured out if he really wants to sell it. I do have some good resources, I work at a large car dealership and our title clerk has a very good relationship with the county. She got my 105 trailer titled in a snap. Thanks guys for the info.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello marbaja252, And I also faced the issue of registering a vehicle without a title. I found an answer but to explain it is lengthily. If you like, give me a private message and I will share the info...

marbaja252

Good news the owner for 1 hr this AM, he does have a AZ title to the truck from GL, but has never signed it. I can deal with this with him. He gave me some more info on the truck and sent some pictures. 1993 with 1,941 miles and 347 engine hrs everything works, CAT, Allison, updated cab & truck nice, roof bows and good tarp, runs great he says. Needs to move it now he says. Came from Sparta WI nice clean truck from the pictures. Opinions??? I think I may be finally an owner. Help guys and need a push!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks