• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From Minnesota

MN Willy

Hello Guys and Gals!

I’m 100% new to the world of Military Vehicles. So…. please be kind if I seem clueless! I am!

I think I’d like to find and purchase a Duce and a Half with a ridged enclosure on the back. I’d like to get a “Multi Fuel” powered unit that is in solid shape.

How does a guy go about finding one of these for sale (looking for a good price)? I’ve checked http://www.govliquidation.com/ and not found anything. Any other suggestions on how to find on of these?

I’m looking forward to learning and having fun.

Best regards,

Willy

pad_cdr

Welcome aboard.

Where to find a deuce either with a van body or with a shelter kind of depends on your mechanical ability and on the age of the truck you are looking for. Your best bet for a reliable truck is to buy one from a steel soldiers member. For unknown trucks that may or may not require lots of work and cost, you can check anything from craigs list to ebay to surfing the web.

Danger Ranger

Welcome to the site. Now your work begins....there is so much info on here, it could keep you busy forever. First, you need to spend a lot of time on here reading up on the deuce. You will learn things like the deuce with a van body on the back is called the M109. Most everyone here is willing to help, as long as you are willing to learn.

The big thing is to read the rules for the site. Be very careful about posting auction stuff. VERY CAREFUL. The M35 and similar trucks are no longer sold in vast quantities through the government. They have been replaced, and mostly sold off. Now there are newer trucks selling.

You will be reprimanded. It is almost certain, we all are or have been. Keep a tough skin, don't let it get you upset. The site is full of useful information, and you can really benefit from it all here. I hope you find it well.

There are many members in MN, I hope you can enjoy it here and do lots of reading. Good luck.

MN Willy

pad_cdr,

Thank you for the reply!

So...... is the M109a3 like hens teeth? It seems like everything in life I take a shine to is the most expensive or least available!

So my quest for a M109a3 begins!

Best regards,

Willy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks