• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from San Antonio M1101 trailer

Lawdog1225

Hello, just bought my first piece, an M1101. My son is 14 and we bought it for camping and 4 wheeling, we like to get back in the sticks to camp out and the M1101 looks like a good trailer to haul gear over rocky terrain. I don't plan to do much to it, give it a good maintenance check up, re pack the bearings, back off the over torqued castle nut, change some rusty pins and split rings. It came wit the bows and tarp, but I'm not sure I'll use those much.

Next step is to get a matching H1. :D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Houston area. A bunch of us here are building up 1101's for the same reason, camping trips to Big Bend and Gila National Forest (NM) areas with our sons. My buddy is building a Excursion on 37s as a trail rig and I have my 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 coming together. HMMWV's are a little short on road speed and creature comforts for us.

AZK9

...we bought it for camping and 4 wheeling, we like to get back in the sticks to camp out and the M1101 looks like a good trailer to haul gear over rocky terrain. ...
I think that's a great application for that unit!!
My family will likely be doing something similar during the next year!

Have fun with it... AND... Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

Lawdog1225

thanks Bobcat!

Welcome from the Houston area. A bunch of us here are building up 1101's for the same reason, camping trips to Big Bend and Gila National Forest (NM) areas with our sons. My buddy is building a Excursion on 37s as a trail rig and I have my 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 coming together. HMMWV's are a little short on road speed and creature comforts for us.
I have a 97 suburban 4x4 with a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. Not the ideal rock crawler, but it works for now. We are working over a 93 bronco that has a good strong 351W, looking at a 6 inch lift.

I don't know anything about HMMWVs at this point, so I'll have to do some research. They just look cool.

I hadn't heard of Gila National forest, I'll definitely put that one on the map.
Welcome from San Antonio(Shavano Park). I've got 4 of these trailers and think they are a great bargain with a lot of uses.
Welcome from the Mid-Atlantic. Make sure to post your M1101 over in the 'Military Trailers' thread when you get a chance (and as you get it squared away for camping!): http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52277-Show-us-your-Military-Trailers

I will definitely post over there when I figure out how to post pics!

*Full disclosure: I love the idea of an M1101/1102 camper and am shamelessly pushing others to highlight their awesome ideas so I can plagiarize them later.
Looking forward to working on this. Probably not gonna change much, but...I rarely leave anything as it came.
I think that's a great application for that unit!!
My family will likely be doing something similar during the next year!

Have fun with it... AND... Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks