• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy from Usk N.E.WA STATE

65specialconvert

Hello all,i have a 1984 M1009.I got it as surplus from the local county sheriff at a sealed bid auction for $585 5-6 years ago.It had been sitting for 2 years due to no lights,as you may have guessed,the blackout switch was bad.I poured in a gallon of diesel with 2 new batterys & it fired right up in the cop parking lot! Boy were they surprised:razz:I use it mainly as a winter rig,as we get quite a bit of snow here.Especially helpfull as a delivery vehicle for my business...i'm a starter & alternator rebuilder.I'm an hour north of Spokane WA,5 min from the Idaho state line.My son rolled it a couple years ago,damn deer ran in front of him...he was fine with a bit of seatbelt rash.After the tow truck winched it upright & took it to my house,it had poped a tire off the bead,so i aired it up,turned the key & to my suprise,it started right up(once again),after being on its top for 2 hours.Thank god i had the battery hold downs in place!Anyways,i'm glad i found your site & will be trolling around for info to keep her running:beer:As you can tell from my username,in good weather i'm a hardcore BUICK guy:wink:

Attachments