• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from vegas checking in

DO IT! Even if you get one that's not in the best condition and you have to spend every weekend for the next 6 months getting it completely trip ready, you won't regret it!
A deuce is a slow cumbersome and lumbering beast, with a horrendously big shift pattern, no power steering with a huge steering wheel you need to man-handle to make it go where you want it to go, and unless you have a muffler added, is deafeningly loud. And the coolest ride you will ever own! In a verry short time, you'll be able to tell who the veterans are by the way they look at your deuce. It will be commonplace for you to pull into a parking lot, and be approached by a vet who will begin reminiscing with you like he's known you for years, but in actuality, he's known trucks like yours in his past and don't be surprised if you see a tear or two cross his cheek. From the first time you climb into that cab and drive that monster down the road and feel the power under your feet, you'll find it was a sensation you'll wonder how you got along without. It's a thirsty beast that will drink lots of fuel and rather than joyride at random, you'll look for excuses to take it out for a drive. You'll hope someone you know decides to move just so you have a reason to put the old girl to work.
As your experiance with deuce ownership goes on, you'll find some replacement parts are dirt cheap, and other's are pretty pricey, but for the ability to burn waste motor oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic fluid, old gasoline, kerosene, or any of a hundred other flamable liquids, the prospect of free or verry-low cost fuel makes it all worth it. For a camping trip, a deuce can't be beat! And in the event of a zombie apocalypse, just lock in the front axle and drive over all the zombies you can splatter! [thumbzup]
:driver:

DeucesWild11

Welcome and read up on this site first. There is plenty of info here on what to look for when purchasing a Deuce. Also unless you know someone who works on them, prepare to learn how to be a mechanic! Don't forget to look at the Technical Manuals (TM's) here on the site they break down every nut and bolt.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Ohio. There is a Deuce sitting across from the airport at a gun shop (or at least it was a few months ago).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck, the Doomsday Preppers have driven up all the prices on Deuces & at the auctions. Be prepared to get your hands dirty, and get to know Vic at NAPA (Civic Center/Cheyenne)...he'll give you a good discount for Deuce parts and I've helped him track down many parts suitable for Deuce use.

Adams Driveshaft in Henderson works on lots of Rockwell Deuce axles.

Expect lots of dry-rot for all rubber hoses & tires after 5-6 years.

READ READ READ these forums!! And download the TMs to your computer to refer to as well, especially the Operators Manual.

Lots of good expertise and advise here, and good encouragement too. I've met lots of new friends here. I'm currently installing new O-rings on my Injection Pump and replacing every fuel & oil line on the engine; if I can do it, you can too.

Are you looking at Deuces from the auctions or from a private party?

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks