• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from WI

tlr

Hello, I found the site looking for dimensions for a m105a3 trailer. I'm working on a 80's 1 ton chevy dually I found out in a field and really like the look of the m101 or m105 beds that I've seen on a few trucks. Trying to figure out what might be the best direction to go.

Right now the measurement I'm having the hardest time finding is from the front of the box to the center of the wheel well so i know where it will land on my frame.

Would anyone here possibly be able to provide that dimensions for a m105a2 and m105a3?

This site is pretty amazing and in the little bit I've been lurking and searching you guys have some great toys :)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Travis

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Hello from ohio, I dont have the info you are looking for but give it a bit of time and im sure one of the very knowledgeable people will have what you need. They have helped me out many of times.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! There are some GREAT members up around you!! Might be able to get the information you seek from the M105 TM? Enjoy the site and become part of the "family" LOL (Yes, that does include a cousin Eddie!)

superstewie

Hello from Mississippi. I'm originally from Stevens Point. By using the image below and the TM for an m105, I found the length of the real trailer box to be 110". I measured the length of the box in the picture to be 3.5625". I then measured the distance to the center of the wheel well in the image to be 1.8125". Using similar shapes I was able to derive that the center of the wheel well on the real trailer is ~56". Hope this helped!

id_m105_eastern_700.jpg

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Good evening tlr, welcome to the site from Cape Cod, MA. I have a 1993 Turtle Mountain M105A2 and I just went out back to get the measurements for you. From the top front lip to the center of the wheel well is 61" and from the box front bottom to center of the wheel well is 60". From the center of the wheel well to the tail gate along the top edge it is 53" and 50 1/2" from the bottom of the box at the back to center of the wheel well. Hope this helps. If you need pictures I can get them tomorrow or Friday, it's a little too dark out tonight.:driver:

tlr

Good evening tlr, welcome to the site from Cape Cod, MA. I have a 1993 Turtle Mountain M105A2 and I just went out back to get the measurements for you. From the top front lip to the center of the wheel well is 61" and from the box front bottom to center of the wheel well is 60". From the center of the wheel well to the tail gate along the top edge it is 53" and 50 1/2" from the bottom of the box at the back to center of the wheel well. Hope this helps. If you need pictures I can get them tomorrow or Friday, it's a little too dark out tonight.:driver:
Thank you sir! That is exactly what I was looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks