• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy here

exryan

I have been on for some time (several weeks), and cannot post or reply without consent, its been several weeks... how long does this process have to take?

I would like to get in touch with some of the locals in my area, and am unable to use this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

zout

You folks outta TX just take longer than the rest of us folks - its a selective thing.

Welcome now that your finally here :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

exryan

Been tired of using my buddies sign-on just to see everyones pictures. Its a great site but without the pictures its just a bunch of people complaining about the search function!! JK- enough venting of frustration.

Just got a '68 M35A2 from a local guy after very little debate with myself. Going to single it with 46'' Michelin's on M35A3 wheels and paint it up (still deciding on scheme), then drive the heck out of it (at least when I get a chance at home). Everything is in good working order and looks good with minimal corrosion. It also has a 5ton turbo installed on the White Ind. 465LDT.

The one thing I will be looking for is information about the winch. The previous fire department that had the truck left it in gear and the chain got reeled up and broke some gearing. I've found some instructional TM on the winch, but not detailed tear-down manuals or parts lists/suppliers. Willing to machine whatever i need out of gear blanks but would be much nicer if i could purchase them. Won't know what is exactly wrong with it untill I get home to tear it apart, but would like to be well versed to make the process more manageable.

Anyways thanks for all the work you guys do to keep this going... ive been wasting alot of time while 'working', reading up and getting ready to go home and meet my new truck.

exryan

so now my task is to get the tires to fit on the truck... kicking around the idea of adapters, but will most likely buy M35a3 wheels and be done with it. I am trying to figure shipping right now for 6 wheels to Tejas. I guess I'll still need to flip the rear hubs.

Then lots of paint!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks