• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in CA. Wanted to say hi.

tncc_rn

Been reading the site on the side before I finally joined. Just bought a M1097A2 from the GP site. First time buying.

Bought 12/7/22. Filed EUC 12/8/22. Got approval and vehicle release on 12/12/22. I was expecting it to take 30 to 90 days for approval. Hurrying to arrange transport to meet their deadline.

Good to meet you all.

Josh
89985250-24b2-4e8c-8b4a-4b76062dd31d.jpg

tncc_rn

Thanks. This vehicle is actually going to wind up in Nebraska on a farm. Its a 2001, so its impossible to register it in CA. HMMWV cutoff in CA is basically 1997, because after that the smog requirements kick in that you cannot pass no matter what you do to my knowledge, regardless of the "not intended for highway use" that they usually throw at people.

Sad thing is it seem the trend here is to take Mil Surplus HMMWVs, pull the motor, and install a EV powerplant. Amazingly enough, when you do that, CA DMV doesn't have a problem with the "not intended for highway use" at that point.

Glad to be here, got a lot of reading to do.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome to Steel Soldiers! You came to the right place for reading/learning/sharing about MVs. Hope your new adventure goes smoothly. Post up some more pics, when you're able.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out the MVCC. We have a huge swap meet and show in April up in Plymouth CA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks