• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy stationed in Jacksonville FL

laggy

Hey everyone,

found this site shortly after bidding on a M105A2. (used mostly for storage while im in jax.)

wanted to say hi to everyone out there and im literally across the street from the jax DRMO, so if you see anything there i can take a peek for you.

Goose2448

Welcome to SS! We are building the new hotel at Omni on Amelia Island. I should be back up there in December to pick up some stuff. If your still there, let me know and we can do dinner or something.

laggy

sounds good goose.

haven't been that far south yet Stone, but i like to cruise around. So if im in the area ill drop a line.

laggy

Thank you. i see ur planning a project. im looking foward to that thread. im hopin to pick up a duece soon. i saw one a guy did a chevy cab swap on it for the up to date stuff... im thinking ide like to try.

FatBuddhaBoo

Thank you. i see ur planning a project. im looking foward to that thread. im hopin to pick up a duece soon. i saw one a guy did a chevy cab swap on it for the up to date stuff... im thinking ide like to try.
Thanks. I'm looking for the donor cab and parts now and might have found everything I need locally. I bought my deuce from a member here that used to live In Orange Park, so I was fortunate in that regard too.

If you are looking locally there is one that I believe is for sale right up the road from NAS on 295 near Commonwealth at one of those truck service centers. You can see it from the highway on the left as you are heading north.

Scooteerr

Welcome to the site!!! The amount of info available in this place is outrageous, and the quality of most of the people on here is even better... But doing a lot of reading is suggested before you jump in with both feet... And waiting for the right deuce and not buying the first "project" that you see also helps...

But beware, The sickness can start in you in many ways but it almost always leads to a deuce... The another deuce... Then a parts truck... 5 ton... Another 5 ton... Ect....

Then you find yourself searching both SS and Gov liquidation daily, for good deals even though you just spent all of NEXT month's paycheck on that deuce you just filled out an EUC for....

And have'nt even told your wife about it yet...

laggy

Welcome to the site!!! The amount of info available in this place is outrageous, and the quality of most of the people on here is even better... But doing a lot of reading is suggested before you jump in with both feet... And waiting for the right deuce and not buying the first "project" that you see also helps...

But beware, The sickness can start in you in many ways but it almost always leads to a deuce... The another deuce... Then a parts truck... 5 ton... Another 5 ton... Ect....

Then you find yourself searching both SS and Gov liquidation daily, for good deals even though you just spent all of NEXT month's paycheck on that deuce you just filled out an EUC for....

And have'nt even told your wife about it yet...
HA. yes i dont think the wife would be to happy if she sees a duece pullin in the drive as i say oh yeah i forgot to tell ya...

caliber1

HA. yes i dont think the wife would be to happy if she sees a duece pullin in the drive as i say oh yeah i forgot to tell ya...

Mine went with me to go get it. Of course, I didn't tell her I won it for a few days, then it was what do you need that for????aua Same thing happened when I bid on 2 M105s and ended up winning both.

Welcome to the site. Are you on a ship, or shore duty in Jax?

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks