• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New in MO

army98

I'm new at this so please be tolerant.
I won a M-1031 in Oct and waited 30 - 35 days ( paperwork) to pick it up. I took a train from St Louis Mo to West VA to pick it up. It was in Machanicsburg PA. After working on the truck for 2 days (Bent Driveshaft bad fuel ect.) I drove it back to St Louis Mo. Apx 818miles non stop. (Bad flywheel bad starter so could not shut it off.) It was the longest convoy I've been on in a long time. My truck had apx 13000 miles showing on it when I got it I use it as a daily driver and it is now at 17800 ish. Runs great but allways needs work "glow plugs, glowplug controll mod .... " Does anyone know of a good salvage yard in MO? I need alot of parts.

I'll try to post pic's later, also I use my truck for work so I might not keep it all stock ( I might have to remove some hardware)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Let me be the first so say: Use the wiki!!!! (an inside joke.) Good job on getting it home and best of luck!

54reo

Welcome to SS.

Sorry I don't know of any salvage yards here myself, but perhaps someone will chime in. I don't really follow the smaller stuff so much.

Good to see another "local" guy here.

You proved to have some real guts on that recovery! Any pics?

army98

I forgot to say ... My truck sat not running for 18 months or more before I drove it home, also it would not go over 50 mph all the way home. yea I was determined ....did not have as much as a flat tire though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks