• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner in Oklahoma City

M9Driver

I recently purchased this '86 M1009:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220148244232

It seems to be in really good condition, but I am no expert on these things. I wondered if there was a member here familiar with these trucks who lived somewhere near Oklahoma City. I'd love to get with someone who knows more about them that can help me go through it and see what needs to be done to bring it as close to "like new" as possible. Especially the drivetrain. I will do the work, just want a little advice.

Secondly, while on a camping trip, the passenger turn signal seemed to get stuck "on". When I would use the turn signal lever, the turn light inside the truck and those externally would just stay on constantly. Also, when I would turn on the headlights the same thing would happen. A few days later it just mysteriously stopped doing that and went back to working. Is this a relay problem?

Bobert

Looks like a nice one. I think the fun never ends when it comes to getting your Cucv just right.

My pickup did that and one of the external signals was burnt out.

Were you pulling a trailer when the signal was acting up? I had to get a heavy duty flasher controller because it wouldnt flash all the extra lights.

The flasher on your fuse block could just be burnt out too.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welome to the CUCV club! My suggestion is to get the technical manuals. I've found them to be very helpful in troubleshooting (-20 and -34) and for looking up parts (-20P and -34P).

They have the TM's posted on this website. Helped me redo the suspension on mine.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had my turn signals in the M1028A1 stop working completly last week. Popped a new flasher relay in from Auto Zone and now all is good :D . Sounds like the flasher relay. Enjoy your CUCV! It looks Great.

J2H

My turn signals turn on, but don't flash or click, they just burn constantly until I turn them off (or turn)... I have an '85 '09.... also, my brakelights and hazard lights work, as well as the backup lights, but not my headlamps

CCATLETT1984

j2h, you need to replace the flasher relay under the dash to fix the turn signals.

check the fuse for the headlights, if thats good, pull the harness off of one of the lights. black is ground, i cant remember which terminal is low beams or high, but you should have 12v to one of the terminals and it will switch to the other when you flip the high beams on.