• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M151a2

txdodge43man

I have never heard the term OC jeep or OC lights what do you mean buy that? I see the small looks like a dash light on the front of the grill and the back buy the trailer plug what is the perpuse of that modification?

combat32

OC stand for Observer Controller, I was one later in my career.Basically an OC acts as a trainer/umpire for military exercises, on this jeep they simply wired in a high beam light indicator like the one that goes in the dash these are in turn wired into your blackout lights.

The light is very small but easily identifed at night using night vision goggles, this allows OC's to more easily identify each other during night operations.When I was an OC we used Humvees but had a similar system that was IR only.

Attachments

Last edited:

L1A1

Actually TJ the real jeep Nazis will tell you an M151 is not a real jeep as it does not have a solid axle, I don't exactly agree with that assessment:mrgreen:

I've read this before but have yet to actually hear it from any "jeepers". I've also heard the "real jeeps have round head lights" comment as well. My personal reply is "real jeeps have stars on their hoods & pedistal mounts".
This jeep means a lot to me as this is a vehicle I had a lot of wheel time on when I was a private many moons ago, you just haven't lived till you have had a M151 wound out to about 55 on the autobahn:wink:
55? A fellow I knew stationed over there back in the 80's talked about having them upwards of 75mph on the autobahn :shock:. I don't like having mine north of 50mph.....

Anyway, welcome to the "club" and as one mutt owner used to say, "once you drive an M151, you'll throw rocks at all those solid axle jeeps" (his words, not mine ;-) :).

Matt

pad_cdr

Actually TJ the real jeep Nazis will tell you an M151 is not a real jeep as it does not have a solid axle, I don't exactly agree with that assessment:mrgreen:

This jeep means a lot to me as this is a vehicle I had a lot of wheel time on when I was a private many moons ago, you just haven't lived till you have had a M151 wound out to about 55 on the autobahn:wink:
I actually passed a Mercedes once on the autobahn with my M151 -- I was going down hill, and a little old German lady was driving, but it still counts.

Badojeep

M151A2-LC M151-LC Mutt Prototype I take my M151A2 to jeep shows and some times people say thats not a real jeep, it don`t have a soild front axle, then I tell them they did make it with one, just not many! So is it a real jeep now.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks