• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M37 owner From Pittsburgh!

Jesse19rap

Hello everyone,

After almost a year of reading and drooling over all the great MV on this site I have officially bought a new toy. Attached are pictures of my "new" 62 M37 B1. She has some rust under the tailgate and decking but otherwise no rust through. It also only has 16,000 miles. I'm excited to learn more about these beautiful beasts. I look forward to becoming a contributing member to this wonderful website. If you have questions let me know. I know i will have a ton as I start my project.

I currently live near Pittsburgh PA and love to know if there are any reputable suppliers or salvage yards nearby. The rig is pretty solid to begin with but i will need some things here and there.

Attachments

txdodge43man

Jesse,

Nice truck that M37 has some stories to tell im sure its got a WWII gun mount that's meant to go in a dodge wc but I heard id was common practice to use the mount on M37 plus the spare tire has been relocated im wandering if this was a military or civilian modification. That's the fun part of the MV world is the CSI you get to do when restoring old equipment

:grd:

Jesse19rap

Thanks for the warm welcomes! She runs good already but the manifold has a crack in it. One of the previous owners took the easy way out on a couple engine issues and that's just not my style. I'd rather take the time and do it right from the start. It has two issues, brakes need bled and i have no power. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting power. I have no lights anywhere!

I have ordered some books, hopefully those will help me troubleshoot.

3dAngus

Download the TMs from this site under resources/tms/M-37.
If the brakes need bleeding, you probably need a complete new hydraulic overhaul. I'm going through that on mine now, starting with the new master cylinder.

majorhitt

Not to sound silly, do you have the light switch in the correct position for lights? In Pa but on the other side. Check out the Gilbert rally, a bit of a ride, but I know some that travel further.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks