• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Alaska

Victorkilo31

Hello everyone. New guy here. Dropping by to say hello. Just finally registered since I'm finally in the process of getting my first m998.
Prior service Marine, now military contractor. Been trying to get my spiffy set of wheels and pretty excited it's happening. Gonna be some work I know but I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for stopping by

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from TN. There is a wealth of information here on SS. Be sure to read up in the HMMWV section! I'm headed to pick up the M-1083 on Friday. I'll have some familiarizing to do as well. I plan to spend the long holiday weekend checking all systems and testing things.

Be sure to upload some photos when your truck arrives! We all like lots of pictures here! [thumbzup]

Victorkilo31

Thanks for the welcome. There is a lot of knowledge here and I've been finding answers already. Be glad to know there's others here to help when I need it.
Will post pics once I get shipping figured and it's at the house. Or close to it anyway lol

snowtrac nome

welcome from Nome, As a warning before you purchase the state of Alaska wont issue plates or registration for a m998 I did not dig deeper into it, I would assume you can get plate or permit allowing use to get to a parade or show, but I don't think the 998's are old enough fro historic vehicle plates. I only know this because of hassles I went through with my lmtv where at first they wouldn't touch it saying it was an off road use only vehicle after showing them my sf 46 had no restriction they made a call to anchorage than told me the restrictions only applied to hmmwv's and see's.

Victorkilo31

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'm told mine is already registered and street legal title, so hopefully I won't have anyou issues titling it in AK. If I do I'll do my homework and get it done legally. I'm sure there's away if there's enough determination lol

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and the hobby. Since you have been perusing the site for information, I sure hope some of the information (pertaining to the use ) about your truck included the possibility of using it (an M998) on the highway. Finger And toes crossed for you, though it seems it may well take more than that..

Victorkilo31

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting the truck. I'm sure there's ways to do just about anything legally. I almost had on when I was in California and had most of the steps figure out for getting into done there. If it can be there I'm sure it can be elsewhere. Just glad I'm not there anymore lol

snowtrac nome

well neighbor I hope for the best for you. Take a look into the Alaska territorial Calvary they are an mvpa club the guys are a good bunch and might be able to help you jump through any hoops. if you need any local advice you can contact me at 907 434 0692

Don

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from central Illinois! You are right, tons of info here and some darn good people to boot! Thanks for your service, good luck with the truck and the state of Alaska. (gotta be WAY better than Illinois! LOL) Check out all the forums, even the ones that aren't particular to your vehicle.

Victorkilo31

Thanks for the welcome. Seems to be a lot of info here so far. I've been trying to search a few things but I'm thinking about a new post cause I'm starting to get more questions as I read lol part of research I guess

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks