• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Germany

BjoernPfi

Hi there,

My name is Björn and i am located in germany. Don´t own any military vehicles (yet). I just signed up to collect some informations about the different HMMWV turrets out there. I own some demilled MaDeuce for dispaly purposes (i am a gunsmith and have them in my office) and last year i bought an brand new MK93 soft mount. Then someone offered me an chicken shield with arm and pintle, which i bought as well. And after that i got my hands on an "Swiss Cheese" weapons mount. And now i am thinking about to buy a "Cat Ear" turret and need some informations about that.... Damn, what have i started???? I guess, i am buying a HMMWV in parts from top to bottom right now....

So i guess i will find a lot of usefull informations here :-D And enought informations about HMMWVs as well, if i deceide to buy one ^^

Best regards,
Björn

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi there,

My name is Björn and i am located in germany. Don´t own any military vehicles (yet). I just signed up to collect some informations about the different HMMWV turrets out there. I own some demilled MaDeuce for dispaly purposes (i am a gunsmith and have them in my office) and last year i bought an brand new MK93 soft mount. Then someone offered me an chicken shield with arm and pintle, which i bought as well. And after that i got my hands on an "Swiss Cheese" weapons mount. And now i am thinking about to buy a "Cat Ear" turret and need some informations about that.... Damn, what have i started???? I guess, i am buying a HMMWV in parts from top to bottom right now....

So i guess i will find a lot of usefull informations here :-D And enought informations about HMMWVs as well, if i deceide to buy one ^^

Best regards,
Björn
Welcome to the Outfit!

Yes Sir, you have been afflicted with The Green Disease for sure!
Maybe eventually you will find yourself a HMMWV to mount those pieces of hardware on.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Dayton, Ohio The birthplace of Aviation and where Hans Joachim Pabst von Ohain (German inventer of the first jet engine to power an aircraft) moved to after WWII. I met his wife Hanny after he passed while she lived where my wife works. Hans has a display in The Engineer's Club downtown and one of his books is in the library.

He worked in the same laboratories that I did at WPAFB but retired before I got there.

Probably more info than you expected but I find it interesting now that I'm older. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks