• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from IL/VA

Boi

Hello everyone! Having recently acquired a 1991 BMY M923A2 I figured it would be proper to join SS.

I am from Northern Illinois and have home-base there, but I am currently living in Central Virginia. I picked up the M923A2 about a few weeks ago from a gentleman in NJ and drove it 380 miles down to VA. Everything is/seems to be functional- could use some new tires as the current ones seem out of round. I'm not yet an expert on this vehicle, but I hope to be soon through continuation of careful research and from the knowledge the folks here at SS have!

Attachments

Rmtaunton

Welcome and nice truck , be sure to read the tm 's for your truck , there like an expanded owners and repair manual sooo much useful info in there for your truck , which is a 939 series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

603hellmutt

Welcome from NH! Like previously stated the TM's provided are very to the point and simple, there is always help here when needed as well. Congrats on the purchase.

Boi

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
I have already obtained almost every TM related to the truck; even went down to the university library and took a look at a couple that were available in microfiche. It will be interesting and fun to be a part of the 5-ton club!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from ND, the truck looks great the 939 series 5 tons are great trucks both to drive and ride in they are quiet and just plain drive very nice! You are going to want to get the TMs on this truck to guide you through servicing and repairing what needs attention, and your really going to need them because if this truck has not yet had the CTIS system eliminated its going to need attention shortly! Its one of those GREAT IN CONCEPT things but in reality its a very large and expensive Pain in the butt!!
Fine looking truck and welcome aboard!
Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just remember something we have all here learned. This isn't going to be your only green iron for very long. You will accumulate another one in a short time period. They have a tendency to multiply thru unknown reasons in our heads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks