• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Las Vegas

Matchan420

Hello all. Been lurking a bit on the forum. Just about to go pick up my new to me 1962 Unimog. Departing from the from the rock crawler world a bit and excited to get busy on the Unimog, I have wanted one for years.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello all. Been lurking a bit on the forum. Just about to go pick up my new to me 1962 Unimog. Departing from the from the rock crawler world a bit and excited to get busy on the Unimog, I have wanted one for years.
Welcome to the Outfit! (as an official member now) :)

We do have a Mog section, so we definitely need pictures of your new-to-you truck! Show us what you got when you get it - or picture the recovery when you fetch it!

Again, welcome from the other side of the country!

Matchan420

Got the rig this weekend. It’s in pretty good shape, some cancer on the lower cab…but all in all it’s decent. All the expected wear and tear from a 60 yo rig. Has modern coil and dizzy, oil smells like gas.

Dropped it off at my friends house (about 3 hours away), took the carb and fuel pump off for rebuild, going to start working on all the fuel system to start then to spark. Should be able to go see her next week and get her cranked up. Hopefully it’s as the seller said. Worst case scenario I’m forced to do an om617 swap, which is an awesome worst case less the cost.
Thanks for the welcome!

Here are some photos. Had to throw a pic of my LC in there too…

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks