• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from MA

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here’s my M998A1. Really stoked to finally have one as daily driver — no AC, 55mph max, fan clutch roar and all!View attachment 875200
Well then... Welcome to the Outfit!

Interesting black & white picture. Did you buy this truck from another MV owner rather than at auction? I see a nice radio antenna staked down there on the right side. Is it attached to some sort of COMS unit? Maybe some more pictures too!! We are picture hounds around there for sure.

Be sure to go over your New-To-You truck with a grease gun and check the fluid levels in the gearboxes. We have the LO (Lubrication Order) in the TM (Technical Manuals) section. Don't hesitate to download them - and if you have a sleepless night - one of those books will knock you right out! ;-) . Hitting the Books will make you happier and smarter too.

So, congratulations on your truck and welcome to the group!

H2Finally

Yeah I bought it as is from FB marketplace from a nice gentleman who pointed me to SS as a wealth of information. No coms gear — just the antenna. Appreciate the advise! Will need to learn to do it myself eventually (regret to say I don’t have wrenching skills / tools).

I came from civilian ownership background. Lusted after the GM Hummer since it was launched, finally bought the H2 in 2004 (hence “H2Finally” 🤣), had the most amazing time and memories offroading all over CA, NV, UT, TX with my young kids watching DVDs on the backseats… 18 years later, I still own the truck/will never sell, but had always wanted a Humvee, so here I am!

Thanks for the welcome! Here’s a pic of the old gal:

3D9E0197-B5D1-406C-AFC1-B76836B2B0C1.jpeg

ToddJK

Welcome to the site. Now you have to try to make it to a steel soldiers rally. It's nice to put a face to the name, but also, from my experience so far, an awesome group of people, the green iron family! Lol
Congrats on the new to you humvee! They are definitely awesome vehicles and holy crap are they pretty capable of road. I never drove one, just rode in one, but the hills and mud it climbed was surprising.
If you get a chance, would love to see more pictures of the humvee!
Also, Steel Events are typically kid friendly, I went once and my son and I are hooked!

H2Finally

Welcome to the site. Now you have to try to make it to a steel soldiers rally. It's nice to put a face to the name, but also, from my experience so far, an awesome group of people, the green iron family! Lol
Congrats on the new to you humvee! They are definitely awesome vehicles and holy crap are they pretty capable of road. I never drove one, just rode in one, but the hills and mud it climbed was surprising.
If you get a chance, would love to see more pictures of the humvee!
Also, Steel Events are typically kid friendly, I went once and my son and I are hooked!
Thanks! Definitely will try to make a SS rally or off-road event if there’s any upcoming in New England. I’ve only owned the humvee a month, no fun pics yet. Still figuring out adding Carplay, switches, backup light and such.

When I was offroading my H2, I was always jealous how the H1 make every obstacle look so easy. Looking forward to having fun now without smashing my rear diff on every rock!

4E17E13D-6156-49A9-ACF8-6886901D616F.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks