• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from NC

evanhoy

Hello, I am from Shelby NC. I recently purchased a 1984 CUCV. I like the truck but so far it has been a money pit. It is currently in the shop becuase it broke down on me. I like the truck and I seem to be getting around 20 mpg so I hope it works out. So far I have put on a reese hitch (530), had wiring harness repaired (180) (headlight high beam), had to get power stearing lines replaced (300), I had to add a tag bracket and light to pass inspection (50), and last night it broke down on me. I thought it just ran out of fuel (fuel guage and speedo do not work)so I put 10 gallons of fuel in the truck primed the system and got it running. Came back with my wife an hour later to drive it home and the tank was emply. So it is on a wrecker headed to a local shop. I hope I can get it running again soon. I have owned it for a month and have only been able to drive it 4 times. One day I hope this is a dependable truck to run around in and play with.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and keep working on it. You'll get the bugs out of it. Then buy another MV and start over. Have fun
JC