• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Northeastern Maine

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
After years of patience and a few changes of the guard, I finally landed my high school dream inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger- the venerable HMMWV.View attachment 875033 View attachment 875034View attachment 875035
Welcome to the Outfit! Congratulations on your New-To-You truck as well. I gotta say that finding that seat bottom in the truck is a really incredible piece of history. @Csm Davis down in Hattiesburg might have even known Gentry and could share a little more about that truck with us...

So, now that you have your dream wagon... Now you need to go download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your vehicle. Then start changing oil and filters and the gear oil in the axles and transfer case. There is a book for that too! The LO (Lubrication Order) tells you what kind of "slick-em" to use and how much of it. Grease on every Zerk fitting too and there are instructions about that as well.

It would be nice to snap another round of pictures and start your own thread to chronicle your project as you share your projects with the rest of us. Need to say one more time - Welcome to the group!

Jevon

Welcome to the Outfit! Congratulations on your New-To-You truck as well. I gotta say that finding that seat bottom in the truck is a really incredible piece of history. @Csm Davis down in Hattiesburg might have even known Gentry and could share a little more about that truck with us...

So, now that you have your dream wagon... Now you need to go download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your vehicle. Then start changing oil and filters and the gear oil in the axles and transfer case. There is a book for that too! The LO (Lubrication Order) tells you what kind of "slick-em" to use and how much of it. Grease on every Zerk fitting too and there are instructions about that as well.

It would be nice to snap another round of pictures and start your own thread to chronicle your project as you share your projects with the rest of us. Need to say one more time - Welcome to the group!

As a mechanic by trade and IT Admin by profession, I have already crawled all around this magnificent rig. The exhaust appears to be stainless steel, the oil is clean, the filter is new, and overall there isn't a dent or scratch on the bottom save for the front control arms. I am not surprised as it sat in a fire station as a "brush truck" and then migrated to our Emergency management program garage. The last 1.5 years, it sat outside where kids camped out in it.

I just found that seat base just a few hours ago- that and wheel chocks, some sort of rubber container, a scissor jack, 3 rolls of blaze pink marker ribbon, and a red box of emergency triangles.

It looks like I will be bending up a rear c-pillar, matching the forward lean to the bottom door jamb angle, and then adding the upper door jamb to that. Hard doors and the roof will be fabbed out of steel and aluminum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks