• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from SW Virginia

Landbarger

Hello, everyone. I've lurked here a little while but took the plunge into MV ownership (well...MV-ish) back on June 3rd when I bought this HP-2C Drash unit off of IronPlanet: http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/583114

I've learned a lot from the forums already and credit the "here's how buying surplus works" discussions with getting me over the hump of bidding to win. Hopefully I'll be able to add to the cumulative body of knowledge at some point and become a worthwhile member of the forum/community. And while I'm being an optimist, hopefully I'll eventually own some rolling stock as well!

dmetalmiki

Crikey! I thought you had purchased a "small toolbox" or portable generator! Until I clicked your link. What ARE you going to do with that lump?. (breeding chickens comes to mind(keep em' warm?)). Anyway Welcome to the site, and now you need to by the rolling stock (you mentioned) to pull it. (to?). It would look quite acceptable behind a..5 ton. Any way, Enjoy.

Landbarger

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

To reply to dmetalmiki's question:

Originally I was going to strip the genset and ECU off of it, recoup my money, and have a super sturdy utility trailer (with style!). Besides, the auction I was watching had M1101/2s going for what seemed to be pretty high prices. Then I thought I'd keep the 20kW genset for a standby at the future-wife's house, only to discover it's not a HP-2C DRASH that was advertised, it's a GET...and 35kW. Now the 35kW seems like a bit much for a standby, so it's making me feel like I "need" a MEP-803A to really have a generator that is load-appropriate. It's been a fun and confusing short journey so far. In the end, all I know is that I'll be using it to heat the reception tent for my October wedding. After that, it'll probably find its highest calling to be an excuse for needing more green iron. So that's what I'm going to go with for now. And that's a pretty good purpose, I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks