• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member from Valdez Alaska

Cowlhoods

hello,
I have been viewing the sight for a few weeks. Awesome sight with lots of info. I have a MB jeep and just bought a 69 KW with a modified military garwood crane wrecker. Have a collection of classic cars and trucks. Restore classics when I'm not towing.
Patrick

Cowlhoods

fits right in with my classic stuff. it's a 1969. I am going to change the Detroit to a 350 Big Cam Cummins, and put an auxillary gearbox with 2 under, one direct and an over behind the 15speed. Run my PTO off the auxillary. I have been told that is a power tower. It has 5:29 gears. A monster.

Monty

Welcome to the site, great looking KW. Do you tow for a living? I was wondering what one does in your neck of the woods for employment?

Chad

Cowlhoods

Thomas,
I don't know if you can call it a living, lol, but we have the local tow company and also agent for the barge company. Valdez is the end of the Alyeska Pipeline from the north Slope so alot here work for Alyeska or are fishermen.
Patrick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks