• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Virginia

Charlie175

Researching things as most people did before buying.

Only drove a few M35's and the newer 5 tons around back in my day (88-92) for familiarization as we had no organic trucks with our unit other than M151's and RSOV's. Rode in the back of them enough though.

A Co, 1/75th Ranger Regiment.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Researching things as most people did before buying.

Only drove a few M35's and the newer 5 tons around back in my day (88-92) for familiarization as we had no organic trucks with our unit other than M151's and RSOV's. Rode in the back of them enough though.

A Co, 1/75th Ranger Regiment.
Welcome to the Outfit!

Happy to have you as part of the group. Don't hesitate to ask questions. You will get plenty of ideas and suggestions. Heck, if you find a truck and want an opinion - I am pretty sure the guys will give you their thoughts. There is a TM (Technical Manuals) section where the books are stored. Be sure to give them a look. They are INCREDIBLY DRY reading, but if you find a vehicle that needs "help" those TM's are a good place to start.

There is also a Classifieds section where members list trucks, equipment, and parts for sale. There are folks here who are rebuilders and will give you a nicely repaired truck ready for you to jump in and ride off into the sunset. There are others here who will fix the obvious, squirt some paint and you should be ready to drive away happily. Silly as it sounds - just like most things - investigating the person is worth your time too.

You might do well to decide what you want to do with your vehicle.
Might help get you pointed to the right machine to shop for...

Anyhow, again welcome to the group!

Charlie175

Thanks, I have 3 M35's locally that I am looking at. Posted them on FB so most of you here probably saw them. Former Brush trucks.
2 in need of work.
1 is nice but way over priced.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, I have 3 M35's locally that I am looking at. Posted them on FB so most of you here probably saw them. Former Brush trucks.
2 in need of work.
One of our members has a collection of 3 Deuces and two trailers that he listed in Classifieds today. 3 trucks for 18k along with two M105 trailers and a couple of spare transmissions and other parts seemed like a heck of a deal to me. Been sitting for about four years, but they might be worth a look.

One is a former fire truck - guessing a brush truck. One is a 3-color camo and the other is a Desert Tan. All are 1971 vintage.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 in need of work.
I have this one.... far away and probably in your "way overpriced" category. But late airforce truck with dual circuit brakes. I drove it to KS from NM last spring.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! Mark your calendar for Labor Day Weekend 2022 - that will be the VA MV Rally at the Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, VA, about 30 miles north of Charlottesville. There is four of us from South Carolina that go every year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks