• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Washington state

UB_Bomber

Hey everyone! Tyler here from Washington state. This has been a very great group for information. Picked up a 1969 m49a2c. Been a pretty good rig so far. Had a few repairs to do before it was drivable but so far very happy with this ol rig! I will post some other pictures after work. I removed the tank setup but am keeping it to still have the complete tank set up!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everyone! Tyler here from Washington state. This has been a very great group for information. Picked up a 1969 m49a2c. Been a pretty good rig so far. Had a few repairs to do before it was drivable but so far very happy with this ol rig! I will post some other pictures after work. I removed the tank setup but am keeping it to still have the complete tank set up!
Hi Tyler! Welcome to the site and a worldwide group of green (and tan) MV lovers. There is a tone of information here - and lots of folks willing to lend brainpower.

Be sure to post more pictures of your new rig! We really like to see work in progress!

Tim

UB_Bomber

Here are a few more pictures of the old m49. Got it for a great deal once the previous owner found out the flywheel bolts where all broken. 456 miles are on the odometer, 530 hrs on the meter, and i think only 30k gallons across the fuel tank gallon meter. Found a rebuilders tag from 88 on the block. Has .10 on the mains standard on the rods. I work in water filtration and pump repairs so the idea with this truck is to build a modular bed so I can take what I need for the specific job and take it all off when I want to just go cruise it. I will not be cutting any of the original mounting pads so the tank can be slipped right back on and back to its original setup. Yall have already helped me a lot on this project. Glad to now be a part of this community!

Attachments

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Tyler! Welcome from Oklahoma!

Those are getting to be rare trucks. Glad you're fixing it up and keeping it where it can be put back mostly original!
Have you got the crank bolts fixed and it back running again?

Oh, and I like your passenger seat! :ROFLMAO:

UB_Bomber

Hi Tyler! Welcome from Oklahoma!

Those are getting to be rare trucks. Glad you're fixing it up and keeping it where it can be put back mostly original!
Have you got the crank bolts fixed and it back running again?

Oh, and I like your passenger seat! :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah. Got the bolts fixed. Left hand bits are really coming in handy on the truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks