• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in Alaska

Marauder4

Hello all! I was able to luck into a running and driving M1008 for free, and have been wandering around the interwebz looking for information on it. That wandering has led me here and this wealth of information.
I as an active duty Paratrooper for the Army between 1996 and 2000, then joined the Alaska ARNG and eventually retired out of there with 22 years in service. The interesting thing about my truck is that I am 100% sure I drove it as a Guardsman and now I get to play with it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello all! I was able to luck into a running and driving M1008 for free, and have been wandering around the interwebz looking for information on it. That wandering has led me here and this wealth of information.
I as an active duty Paratrooper for the Army between 1996 and 2000, then joined the Alaska ARNG and eventually retired out of there with 22 years in service. The interesting thing about my truck is that I am 100% sure I drove it as a Guardsman and now I get to play with it.
Welcome to the Outfit! Dang right... That is pretty cool to have found a truck that you drove while you were in Service. So, you found us. Found that there are stacks of books for your truck too. Those TM's (Technical Manuals) will be really useful. Especially when you get to the troubleshooting flow charts or hunting part numbers. If you were to download and print them - and being in Alaska - you could burn the paper to start a fire if you get stranded.

Hey, if we are gonna be here, we have got to have fun!

ROFLPIMP.png

Congratulations on your New-To-You truck!
Snap us some pictures and post them here in your thread.
We have several Picture Hounds in this group...

ToddJK

Welcome from MI! Lots of great info in the forums and good reads as well if you like to read stories on how others modified or used their trucks for different applications.

Marauder4

Thanks everyone! I am currently fighting with the load sensing valve. I'm gonna jump it, but as I'm SURE all those little bitty 40ish year old parts will just come RIGHT apart on the first try, I'm making sure I have ALL the brake bits for both rear wheels lined up before I do that. and currently scouring the old posts without necroposting to get all the tidbits I can.

Also trying to find a pair of 24v voltmeters that are 2" in diameter...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks