• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Los Angeles

Pbro

Hello,
I am a sound recordist for movies in LA. I have joined up here because I am looking for MV enthusiasts in southern California who have hot-rodded their diesels into something that is both very powerful and has an uncommon sonic signature. I am recording a lot of vehicles this fall from the production, but I have always found that the best material comes from individuals who really love their vehicles and have created something very personal and unique. Please feel free to contact me if that describes you and you think you might enjoy driving your truck around for a day with a lot of microphones on it.
I work as a cog in the post production world so I can't make you famous, but I might be able to carve a little place in film history for the sound of your truck.

Regards,

Peter Brown

Pbro

Hey thanks y'all for the warm welcome. Ramblin wreck, i am spending thanksgiving with the inlaws in atlanta. i cant really do a real multichannel recording but if you know of a diesel truck event i shouldn't miss that week, let me know and i'll bring my recording rig. Fastnova I would like to hear your trucks if you are not too far from LA. I have time tomorrow or Friday. Sunday is possible. Next week I will be recording. I usually go out to the California city area but trucks may like el mirage or the Lucerne Bally area. Let me know what works for you.

Pbro

Asmoday, I was just looking at your profile and by chance I am also looking to record a Jensen Interceptor with something like a 383 or 440 six-pack. Let me know if you would be interested in driving it around an airport for a day.

Avn-Tech

Pbro,

We have probably crossed paths, at california city airport. I own the east 7 1/2 acres of the airport. (Also three hangers at main airport) I store my Deuce, and other military equipment at California City Airport. I also have several aircraft stored there including my newest project (gulfstream III, Cockpit/Fuselage).

If you would like, when you get back you can record my stock deuce, crown vics (3 ea), or KZ-1000P. Also have acess to mity mite and race cars (1/4 milers).

They most recently were out there doing sound bites for the new Tom Cruise movie (jack Reacher).

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech
fish@ampmovieprops.com

Pbro

Avn-Tech,
Wow, I must have run into you at some point. I am one of those bespecticled pony-tail guys, but actually an ok person once you get to know me. I have been recording out there since 2003. I believe that group you saw recently were some friends from my company. If the weather improves (wind below 8mph is my preference) I will be out there this coming Tue, Wed, and Thursday. Come over and say hi if you are in the vicinity. You will see how we do the recordings and perhaps I could hear some of your machines. It sounds like you have quite an inventory. I would love to see a mity mite in action. How well does it run? I am always interested in 1/4 milers and an 0-11B has got to be awesome to behold.

Peter

Avn-Tech

PBRO,

I am leaving in a few minutes for Sacramento, to pick up two ejection seats (F-4 & B-52). These will be added to the F-14 seat I already have. If things work out, I will be getting a complete F-4 & Mirage cockpits to add to my collection.

The mity mite runs good and belongs to a friend of mine in California City. He should be available this week for you to take a look at. I am partners (minority) in Hickok race cars (also at California City airport). There is currently a low 6 sec car in the shop being worked on.

My second job out of welding school was working for Alston race cars (Now Chris Alston's Chassiworks). I worked there for about 6 years on everything from pro street to Pro Stock race cars.

I will be back tomorrow, and should be in California City on tuesday (need to spend monday w/family). Feel free to wonder down to the east end of the airport and have a look around when you are there. Wed/Thur I have to take kids & wife to doctors appts.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks