• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in OKC Oklahoma!

sed6

Hi all-
Well the MV bug bit me hard and I have my first one on the way here soon. Forum member 98G made me an offer I couldn't pass by and my M925 will be delivered in a few days. Many of you already know he's a tremendously helpful fellow and he went WAY out of his way offering opinions on auction sales, model differences, accsssories, mods, etc. Thanks buddy!

The forum has been a fantastic resource as well. I've spent many a bleary eyed night over the last 3 weeks reading thread after thread about a whole host subjects and the 939 family in particular. I'm sure it won't be long until I tap into the valuable resources here (you guys) for additional help with my new pride and joy.

To that end I have a few OK specific questions I want to ask. Those of you with a MV over 26,001lbs, did you get a CDL? The gals at the DMV don't care one way or the other. But a no-nonsense trooper could easily jam me up and ruin my day. Wondering what you guys did?

How about activities? You guys get together locally ever? I see there's an offroad "park" on the northeast side of the city that charges $10/day for you to get muddy. Anyone ever been there? Any public land or easy river access I can try out? I got a winch specifically so I can self-recover and help out new friends.

How about repairs and mods? I'm happy to volunteer my help with some heavy lifting or wrenching. While I'm new to MV's, I'm not new to the planet and I fancy myself as very capable in all things mechanical.

And while some consider it an internet faux pas, I'm happy to share my contact info. Call or text me the next time you go out, get together, need help or can help me. Thanks guys!

-Scott
405-834-0188

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC. We have the Del City Salute to Armed Forces parade coming up on May 9th. You are welcome to attend.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?138064-Del-City-OK-Armed-Forces-Parade-2015

I have not been to the park on the NE side. Most of the ones in the area are too small for such a big truck. D-day adventure park in Wyandotte has good trails. A group of guys from here will be meeting there the first weekend in October. Look for 2015 KAMO.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?130465-2015-KAMO-Rally

Please review the stickies regarding insurance. That is one of the subjects that is not allowed to be discussed here.

Last edited:

sed6

Thanks warthog! Musta missed that ins part. I want to add that I'm looking for some storage solutions. Most storage locations won't allow any sort of work to be performed and I just don't have room in my driveway. Where do you guys store them? Inside, outside, other? Anyone have room in their garage/barn/shop for a 5-ton? I'd gladly pay a fair rent for something convenient to me (NW OKC, Yukon, Piedmont, etc) Thanks!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome from Kansas. Where to keep them, I rent space have three friends with farms and also use the BeefCo logistics hub in Dayton.

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Florida. You start BIG don't you! You are also very lucky to be in Oklahoma City if you like to do auctions out that way. Again welcome.....

I keep all my stuff in the back yard, way out in the country!

therooster2001

Welcome from Colorado!

Storing temporarily in friends farm steel building, but evaluating "Storage Condo's". Definitely not the cheapest way to go. I have even looked at farmland, and building a steel building, but man is that a challenge with zoning and covenants (yes even on farmland), so be careful going that route.

440Duster

Welcome from Macomb, OK. I to have a M925A2. As for CDL, no. It is tagged and insured and I drive it often. I live on acreage so storage is not an issue. As for modifications, all I have done is built a brushguard for offroad lights and a receiver hitch. I am giving some thought to participating in the parade. I need to make a mount for a 3X5 American flag I have which will likely be in the area of the spare tire. Scott