• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, M1079

parkinson6wa

Hi guys. Glad to be here. I recently purchased an M1079, and it was delivered today. As is probably common with these vehicles, it has a couple of bugs to work through. First, the CTIS is not functioning properly. The driver said it worked when he loaded and unloaded the vehicle, but now the control unit just has the 5 flashing lights. After some reading on the subject, it may indicate there is a leak somewhere in the system. If others have corrected this issue with their vehicles, can you explain the best method for locating the leak? Could the flashing lights be indicative of something other than an air leak? A bad pressure sensor? PCU? Any suggestions on diagnostic tools to help isolate the issue?

sargentwolf

Hey there!

First step, grab all the maintenance TMs. TM 9-2320-365-20 theres 5 parts. Get all 5!

Also grab TM 9-2320-365-10 thats the operation TM, read it as it explains everything you need to know for operation of the LMTV

Open maintenance TM number 2 up. Go to page 878. Thats where the troubleshooting for 5 CTIS lights flashing starts. Follow the tree and youll find the problem along with solution. Good luck!

coachgeo

WELCOME to the board and congratulations on your purchase.

....First step, grab all the ... TMs. ....
If you've not found where to get them yet,

Goto Front page of this Bulletin Board - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum.php
Got to Top of page Technical Manuals
Find and click- Present Conflict Vehicles TMs
Find and click- M1078 TM's

CTIS- Ton's of discussion on the various reasons they can be blinking. Hopefully the driver was not pulling your leg and thus it will be simple as described earlier. Otherwise a search in this forum for CTIS Blinking or CTIS Lights might garner you a good list of CTIS threads to comb thru. Might have to use Google Advanced specifying this site.

Last edited:

parkinson6wa

Thanks for the welcome and the info guys. I really appreciate it. I downloaded the first manual last night and read about half of it. I will download the others and read them as well. I did try a couple things this morning before leaving for work. As the manual suggested I turned the main power switch on hit the run-flat selector on the ECU and then start at the truck. Only this time the run-flat and the highway indicators continued to flash. How long should it take for the system to inflate the tires from the sand setting to the highway setting. I let it run for about 15 minutes and the lights still continued to flash. Under the breaker panel I hear something continue to cycle on and off. Would that be the PCU? Also can you tell me how to test the breaker for the CTIS to determine if it is good or bad? Thanks for your help and patience guys. Electrical systems is certainly not my strength. One more question. I can hear air leaking from the cab air spring on the driver side once I shut the truck off. Is this normal? Is it a bleed off? If this is not normal could this leak cause the issues with the ctis? Thanks again.

sargentwolf

Cab air bleed depends. Does it stop after a minute or so? If so, your cab is just leveling. If it doesn't stop, you may have a leaky airbag.

The cycling you hear on the passenger side is the valve. Should take only 5 minutes or so.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No. If you take off the passenger foot kick panel the pneumatic valve body is behind that. Sometimes the connector contacts get dirty and need to be cleaned or re seated. Also there is an air switch right side of the 3 tanks that tells the ctis system when the air reaches around 120psi. If that switch does not close you can get an error. Sometimes its something as simple as turning the air governor up a few psi.

parkinson6wa

Thanks Suprman! I will check those this evening. Please forgive my ignorance but is there a thread that describes how to increase the psi of the air governor? Or is that covered somewhere in the TM's?

parkinson6wa

Was reading through the TM'S here, in particular front tire deflation procedure in preparation for internal air transport. The kneeling valves on the front tires are turned 1/2 turn left to deflate front tires to 10psi. To reinflate them you have to turn the kneeling valves back to the right. Hmmmm. I wonder if this was done prior to shipment. That would cause the ECU malfunction correct? Need to check the kneeling valves as soon as I get home I guess. Hope it works!