• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member parts ID

Jason M

Finally waded into the deep end and bought myself a 1970 M35a2, needs the normal things like body work and paint. The previous owner went threw the bakes, FDC delete/bypass and put a new clutch in.
When I got the truck I got a lot of extra parts most I know there spot aboard the truck some I have no clue. I will post some pics of those parts along with bags and bags of 0-rings.

And a few pics of the truck, oh comes with a spare motor that might have been washed out, something is missing off the pump.....I know its got to do with the throttle linkage and a nut broke off it. I will get a pic but I don't have the motor just yet.

I have more pics of the Msic parts I have with close ups if needed.

Attachments

Last edited:

INFChief

Finally waded into the deep end and bought myself a 1970 M35a2, needs the normal things like body work and paint. The previous owner went threw the bakes, FDC delete and put a new clutch in.
When I got the truck I got a lot of extra parts most I know there spot aboard the truck some I have no clue. I will post some pics of those parts along with bags and bags of 0-rings.

And a few pics of the truck, oh comes with a spare motor that might have been washed out, something is missing off the pump.....I know its got to do with the throttle linkage and a nut broke off it. I will get a pic but I don't have the motor just yet.

I have more pics of the Msic parts I have with close ups if needed.
What is FDC?

Jason M

I am by far no expert, as I did not do the delete. I guess it bypasses the part of the fuel pump that can leak into the motor and washes the motor out with fuel.
This bypass ( as I understand it ) eliminates future problems as these motors age.

Last edited:

Jason M

Thanks........The truck does have a whistler on it but it has a non turbo exhaust still connected, I guess the "J" pipe is different, anyways is it hurting the turbo restricting the exhaust?
I do plan on making a "J" pipe myself, making the flow better and can be heard by opening that pipe up, but is it hurting the EGT's by holding heat in?

ToddJK

I would think that a smaller diameter pipe would increase the pressure therefore heat, but I'm no qualified mechanic either. I looked it up and the only thread I found was this one. Maybe someone else would chime in at some point to help clear things up,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks