• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Richmond, VA area

VBsurfer

Hey all been reading the forums here while researching military vehicles and just pulled the trigger on an M109A3 that will be towed out here in a few weeks. Something with it not starting but cranking so will have to get my hands in there and will be asking for help I'm sure. Glad to be part of the group!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey all been reading the forums here while researching military vehicles and just pulled the trigger on an M109A3 that will be towed out here in a few weeks. Something with it not starting but cranking so will have to get my hands in there and will be asking for help I'm sure. Glad to be part of the group!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Be sure to download the FREE TM's (Technical Manuals) for your new toy!
They will be useful when you need to fix something.

There are quite a number of Virginia based folks on here, so maybe you can link up with some of them and see what you might learn in person. Oil to be drained and changed, gearboxes to be done the same. Since it isn't running, check your fuel tank BEFORE you try to start it. If it isn' running military fuel, chances are it has "the creaping crud" and has stuff growing in there. Don't have to throw the fuel away... Drain and Strain is a good way to salvage what you have. A really bright flashlight down into the filler neck can tell you a lot.

Best On Your Quest!!

Tim Mullaney

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark your calendar for Labor Day weekend. That's when the VA MV Rally takes place 10 miles west of Madison at the Graves Mountain Lodge. You can contact Cabell (member @CGarbee here) for more info on the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks