• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member sw pa.

Larry S.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm thinking I need a duece to play with. Been researching and have learned a lot. I'm thinking about maybe bobbing one myself. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm thinking I need a duece to play with. Been researching and have learned a lot. I'm thinking about maybe bobbing one myself. Any advice would be appreciated.
It is a green crazy that you can have a lot of fun with! There are folks here who have done that conversion from 6x6 to 4x4 on a Deuce. There are a couple of Bobber threads here and I think I have seen a few for sale in the Steel Soldiers CLASSIFIEDS. You could be living the dream...

Welcome to the Outfit!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Larry,

That truck that 98G has will get you a jump start on Deuce ownership! Already has a nice set of super singles on it. She also has a hard top already on it - so up there in the snow - you can be warm and dry. Ask questions and who knows what can happen!

Only thing to mention is that we generally don't discuss selling prices in the forum EXCEPT in the Classified part of these forums.

Last edited:

Larry S.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. What are the specs on that truck? I was hoping to keep the stock tire and wheel size and build a small dually of sorts.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the quick replies guys. What are the specs on that truck? I was hoping to keep the stock tire and wheel size and build a small dually of sorts.
It's a late airforce truck with the dual circuit brakes and dropside bed. The previous owner added the super singles and MRAP rims in 2017 iirc, and we painted it then.

I acquired it last spring and drove it from NM to KS. Currently it's hiding from yucky roads, happily sitting on a 24v charger waiting for the first good day in spring.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Michigan. Don’t let these guys tell you this is a hobby. It isn’t! It’s a disease with no known cure. The good news is you will be surrounded by the best group of infected folks on the planet!
Glad to see you join up… You’re going to like it here.

Larry S.

Welcome from Michigan. Don’t let these guys tell you this is a hobby. It isn’t! It’s a disease with no known cure. The good news is you will be surrounded by the best group of infected folks on the planet!
Glad to see you join up… You’re going to like it here.
Thanks Bill that's all I need is another addiction! I'm already into tractors and chainsaws since i heat with wood. I just bought a kubota bx1880 with a loader and quick tach forks a year ago. I'm about 4 years ahead on firewood and the wife is still onboard with buying and bobbing a deuce!

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bill that's all I need is another addiction! I'm already into tractors and chainsaws since i heat with wood. I just bought a kubota bx1880 with a loader and quick tach forks a year ago. I'm about 4 years ahead on firewood and the wife is still onboard with buying and bobbing a deuce!
Then we are both lucky to have partners that understand this “hobby”. Here’s a picture of my wife’s M151A2…
CA9A3990-376C-4591-9DCF-79D610AC8FD0.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks