• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - Texas

HDN

Welcome to the M44A3 club! I would've kept the van box though - M109A4 trucks seem pretty rare compared to M35A3 and M35A3C trucks. But I'm in it for the history, not so much practicality (though it's a good excuse to my wife :ROFLMAO:) . Although it's nice to be able to use a 12'x8' bed to move stuff like furniture or a house!

Palmetto

Well I was able to search up a thread that helped me fix the brakes! Apparently the adjustable push rod on the pedal linkage to the master cylinder had come out of it's hole, and was holding the MC shut. It was an easy job that took longer to get the tools out than it did to complete! I will take those quick fixes anyday!!!

I would really like to find a spare tire. I have one good wheel left. It seems these 14.5's are getting scarce. I imagine when I start having issues I will change out to 395's as they seem to be plentiful. But for now I will keep the 14.5's since they are holding up good. I don't really need road worthy tires, as this is just a ranch rig for now! Hopefully I can source on here eventually.

We've been working on prepping the M1082 bed for installation. Might get to do some fitting on it over the long weekend. I will post pics if we do!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks