• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member to the site

Lonewolf879

Greetings all, i am very happy to have found this site. I just recently bought a 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2, has a White multifuel engine, drove it 624 miles from MN to northern North Dakota last weekend. Only had a few problems with fuel leaking out of the fuel filter area, and some drips of oil when we stopped for fuel. Other than that it seem to be in perfect order.

Attachments

Lonewolf879

Another welcome from the south.
Note, MV's are prone to mark their space.......drips well, just a little...
Is the leaking fuel something i need to fix right away? It drips out allot when the motor is running and makes a nice puddle when it stops. Am planning on getting a new fuel filter and seal just in case.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Is the leaking fuel something i need to fix right away? It drips out allot when the motor is running and makes a nice puddle when it stops. Am planning on getting a new fuel filter and seal just in case.
That should be addressed immediatly.....fire hazard.....FIRE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

The fuel filter cans have a gasket recessed into the housing.....sometimes when you change filters you can use the same gasket (it is a PITA to change them in place).

You have to tighten the crap out of them to get them to seal most of the time.

Cinch them down some and see if that helps...if not remove the housing (making sure you remember what line goes where), replace the filters, put in new gaskets, reinstall filter housing and see if the leak goes away. If it doesn't you may have a warped can.

Oh...welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

Lonewolf879

That should be addressed immediatly.....fire hazard.....FIRE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

The fuel filter cans have a gasket recessed into the housing.....sometimes when you change filters you can use the same gasket (it is a PITA to change them in place).

You have to tighten the crap out of them to get them to seal most of the time.

Cinch them down some and see if that helps...if not remove the housing (making sure you remember what line goes where), replace the filters, put in new gaskets, reinstall filter housing and see if the leak goes away. If it doesn't you may have a warped can.

Oh...welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:
Thanks! Yes we are planning on doing that right away tomorrow morning. I didnt think it was normal to have a leak like that and i figured the seal was shot as the fuel runs out from the top of the can, but stops after the motor is off.