• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with M-818

RGummere

Hello; I'm a new member here and posting for the first time.My father and I took delivery (finally) of our M-818 tractor from Ft. Knox.We had to do the usual wait for the EUC to clear etc. and made a couple trips to see what we bought.It runs great but there is a little issue with some of the wiring (headlights/instruments) that we need to sort out.
I was wondering if it's possible to find out the manufacture date since the only info on the data plate is the NSN,and ID number.no other info is stamped on the plate.
Thanks for letting me ramble.I look forward to talking with other members!
-Thanks

markmontana

...and made a couple trips to see what we bought...
Welcome- congratulations, very cool to see a first post reflect a first MV! Esp. a 5 ton... Sure hope you can post several pictures.

Did GL allow you to check your truck after the bidding ended? Jut curious, I have been told NO WAY to check it after the sale closes- GL company policy.

---

RGummere

Thanks for the response(s).I'll do my best to get some photos posted up.Thanks also for the VIN thread.We contacted the G.L. rep by phone and email and explained that we were waiting on our EUC and made an appointment each time we went to Ft Knox.I don't know about anywhere else but we were treated great by the GL staff there.

RGummere

Funny you should mention that,Dad and I had bid on some 1-1/2 ton cargo trailers and were high bidder on 6 of them until the last minute! We'll find one as soon as we get the electric problem sorted out! The truck drives well but you'd better have a lot of turning area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks