• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Yes, the 1987 M35A2 is an excellent choice. I love my 72 model, but it does not have dual circuit brakes. I plan to convert mine at some point. If these trucks are properly maintained and driven sensibly, they will last for a long time. Good luck to you!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the disease, it's futile to resist !

My first tactical MV was a M151 courtesy of Uncle for a mandatory week.. Then an early M35A2 (downspout) for three days and then on to the M51, M52, M818, and M123 until finishing heavy motor transport school .. We never touched the M715 nor M880 although I spent 12 hours alone with an 880, doing an armed patrol of the ammo dump's perimeter while listening between check-ins to a TV station I managed to find on the PRC77 :D ..

Privately, my 1st tactical MV was the M51 gasser almost 30 years ago.. My wife of the time said she would divorce me if I bought it.... In time, she was 100% good to her word .. ;)

I have no automatics except the M890 .. Converted my M880 to standard for heavy snowplow work.. The older 5-tons are my bag, spent most my military time dealing with all variations, gas, diesel, and multifuel ,, and still am !!@

There are 3 Rules : Read the TM's , Do your PMCS, and Enjoy the Ride !

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! My first was a '69 M35A2 and was very forgiving for a complete noob who knew NOTHING about these trucks!
FB_IMG_1697319391333.jpg

Just a warning, the addiction is REAL!

When you pull the trigger, be sure to visit the appropriate TM section, post pics and feel free to ask questions!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks