• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers.... In the forum section under TM's (tech manuals) you can find free downloadable manuals for most military vehicles. They are essential before you ask to many questions. Remember the search function is your best friend. You can find 90% of your answers in threads by reading previous post.... Good luck....

Tlauden

Welcome to the site!!!! Where are you from and what vehicle are you looking for? Tons of great people that own hundreds of truck all over the country. Look around and have fun!!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"On the road" DOES NOT fill the location requirment that is in the SITE rules for new members.

Cycletek

You have to get your mail somewhere or you are a vagrant in the eyes of the law. Just tell us where they send your license when it comes........:deadhorse:

Pappawheely

Right now I am in California but anxious to divorce myself from the state. I am looking at a Duece converted to an RV. Not sure if I want one if it needs constant maint. I was looking for some advice from someone who has spent extended time on the road. I like the go anywhere part of owning a duece but don't have the money to spend on constant upkeep or expensive parts. It won't be a toy for me, more like a tool. Thanks for all the hello's.

Cycletek

I am also in California, soon to be from California. A M109 is closer to what you maybe looking for in that case. These vehicles are very primitive, but that is part of their charm. I have a M813 which ultimately will be my "Super Camper", I am also in the process of converting a 40 foot GMC 4905 Coach into my home, which will most likely be based out of Colorado (where I will receive my mail). Once I surgically remove myself from California for good, which is just months away. These vehicles are not fast and their roots are in the 40's and 50's, their ride is on the harsh side, but you can make changes to make them ride more favorable. They are loud and obnoxious, but so am I, so that is why I now bleed O.D. Green......:shock:

eagle4g63

I drive mine everyday.........and I WORK it like it should be..........It is a tool to me, I depend on it as right now I do not have a back up vehicle. I can tell you they can be just like any other vehicle, so don't let ANYONE tell you different...........they tried that with me and I went out a did what I did anyway and love it. Yes parts are SOMETIMES more that a smaller car, but there are a lot less parts on these things and a lot less to go wrong.......they are a lot less confusing and if you are the slightest bit mechanical minded you should be able to trouble shoot anything on them in a hurry.

Now I have been wrenching on automobiles since I was old enough to hold a wrench and not hit myself(well I sometimes still do that) so maybe that has a lot to do with why I think they are so simple...........also I think that a lot of problems some have with them is the fact that they baby it or only drive them once in a while.........any piece of equipment is meant to be run or it will start being fussy.

Just my 2cents.......I say drive the heck out of it and love every mile.......I have put thousands and thousands on mine.......biggest problem I had was the OLD style clutch pressure plate broke like they are prone to, other than that just fuel filters. I also run mine on whatever I can get my hands on that is flammable!!! Even put a second fuel tank on mine so I can make longer hauls with it.......I have had many days of 15 hour runs with it and it never missed a beat!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks