• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico Insurance NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodger

Hello All

Before bidding I checked on insurance or the truck. Found an agent to insure it. Now I do not know if they will write the policy. Can anyone recomend an insurance agent or company for an M109A3 in New Mexico.

I sold my Pinzgauer 712AMB camper to pay for all this. I paid for the M109.
Now I may need another source of liability insurance.

Please help.
Urgent.

thank you

Tlauden

i have state farm, they were great for me here in PA, I would assume there would be no problems with them for you. After reading many threads on similar insurance questions it seems state farm has come through for everyone that has tried them[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

Just throwing it out there also, With state farm the Deuce is considered a Commercial truck for non commercial use, $27 a month

Last edited:

Progressive commercial for my 5 ton . Allstate will sell you a policy but when you get the vehicle ID cards they say 10,000 lb limit the agent said I was covered but I really think she is wrong .I would not feel good about it . my Progressive policy covers my weight when pulling loaded trailers . $85 month .

cookeemann

Rodger,

Dude, I'm in New Mexico going through the same thing. Progressive wouldn't touch it. I spent yesterday on the phone with Progressive, American Collectors, Haggertys, Gulfway, State Farm, Farm Bureau and JC Taylor.

If they'd touch it, they wanted it "in a garage". Like everybody has a garage that size. And stored in a fenced in storage lot on a military base wasn't good enough. And the rest said "it can only be used for parades/shows" and had to be trailered to and from......riiiight.

Best I found was American Collectors BY FAR! Shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to share my quote and the number and my contatct info in case you need some help wrenchin' down the road. I've got an M109 and two 105 trailers in Kansas and an M35 in San Antonio myself waiting for EUCs to clear.

Good news yesterday though. At least since this is a huge dairy and railroad community, the local NAPA is stocked to the gills with all the filters and such for deuces....go figure.

HUA!!! Cookeemann

Tlauden

Rodger,

Dude, I'm in New Mexico going through the same thing. Progressive wouldn't touch it. I spent yesterday on the phone with Progressive, American Collectors, Haggertys, Gulfway, State Farm, Farm Bureau and JC Taylor.

If they'd touch it, they wanted it "in a garage". Like everybody has a garage that size. And stored in a fenced in storage lot on a military base wasn't good enough. And the rest said "it can only be used for parades/shows" and had to be trailered to and from......
HUA!!! Cookeemann
How are you trying to insure it? As a historic/collectible or as a FMV? Sounds like some pretty strict folks out your way. My policy states nothing bout it being a FMV, to them it's just a big truck, the only restriction is I can't use it commercially, other than that they didnt ask for milage or tell me I can only drive twice a week and they could care less where it parks at.

cookeemann

Back to the drawing board again. After American Collectors found out I got two tickets in a year (speeding) - one for 53 in a 45 - they wouldn't insure the deuce.:evil: Gulfway won't insure in New Mexico and Farm Bureau can't figure it out............sooooooooooo

I'm starting to think this hobby was a mistake. I miss living on the right coast.

SH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks