• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Muffler Sounds Um.....

JRBAMATEX

Well I took the truck out for a spin today to check out the new muffler while driving. It is great how quite it is but there is now a new twist. It's wierd but I miss the old sound it made. Seems like maybe I castrated my truck. Also I can now hear every loose panel and vibration. Good news is all the drive train sounds great. Now I have to go through the body panels and put in weather stripping and what not. Well onward and upward. New muffler works better than I thought it would.

JRBAMATEX

Yes. I will have my wife video me driving off and then I do one from inside the cab as well so you can hear it both from inside and out. Sorry I don't have a recording of it from before with the straight pipe. I'll try to get it done tomorrow and post it during the game.

JRBAMATEX

Sorry for the delay in getting this back to you guys. I got kinda busy. Anyway here is a clip of me starting up the deuce with the new napa muffler. Wife has been ill so I don't have a good shot of how it would sound driving off. If you have a straight pipe today though you will notice the difference even with the reverbaration fronm the garage in this clip. I used hight temp barbeque grill paint to paint it. I went about 70 miles in it yesterday and the paint was not phased at all. So I recommend the rustolem high temp barbeque grill paint for muffler painting.

Enjoy and let me know what you think

JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itzObnq4pIw

OD_Coyote

JR - I can sure hear the turbo whine, but I would have to say I prefer the sound w/o the muffler. Thanks for taking the time take the video and post it.

houdel

Sounds pretty good, you can still hear the turbo but the exhaust sounds considerably muted. Do you have any dB meter readings to measure the actual sound pressure levels with the muffler installed? Judging from the sound of the cab door slamming shut vs the exhaust sound, it seems pretty quiet. Is the muffler small enough to "stealth" install it, i.e., mount it between the battery box and frame rail like a N/A M35, so you have a quiet exhaust but a stock appearing M35A2 exhaust system? What is the NAPA part number/price for your muffler?

JRBAMATEX

The part number is NAPA P/N 21470. I think you probably could tuck it in behind the battery box. Worst case would be that you would need to extend the exhaust pipe on back to the rear axles and tuck it up above the axles. I don't have a meter with which to monitor the decibels but it is better. When you run down the road wide open though you still know you are in an M35. However you can have a conversation.

JRBAMATEX

The part number is NAPA P/N 21470. I think you probably could tuck it in behind the battery box. Worst case would be that you would need to extend the exhaust pipe on back to the rear axles and tuck it up above the axles. I don't have a meter with which to monitor the decibels but it is better. When you run down the road wide open though you still know you are in an M35. However you can have a conversation.

JRBAMATEX

Our model is sporting carhardt work pants. They are a little tougher than blue jeans and work great for sliding in and out from under the truck. The shirt is a Browning denim shirt crisply starched in true Texas style. The shoes are Redwing work boots which sport evenly worn soles and appropriatly scuffed toes and uppers. Our model had his hair cut at the Main Street Barber shop just before this shoot. These fashions can all be found at the nearest Cabelas and are all the rage in 2007.

Maybe just a touch of power loss but nothing that a small adjustment of the boost and maybe an adjustment of the pedel stop on the floorboard wont cure. I used to go 56 now I go 55. So nothing major.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the pedal stop won't get you anything unless someone has messed with it. The turbo sounds like a cyclone whistle. I'd like to hear it going down the road accelerating at 50 MPH wide open.