• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New one to the family..........

84cucv1ton

my new to me m1028. kinda beat up. missing a bunch of things. got it for a fair price i feel. 33k on it. under body is kinda clean. not to sure what im going to do with it just yet. working on that.

thinking this would be a good start to a woods truck. got my eye on a 7.4 too. :p

later

Attachments

84cucv1ton

it is, more on the way too. this is the most complete one. i like gsa nice and easy. im still having problems with GL and there crappy set up.

84cucv1ton

another question for you guys. this truck was sitting out side with the windshield out of it. been that way for a long time. so the dash got wet over and over. think it would be ok or?????????

thanks

Ohh you don't have any work...you don't need any of that crap on the engine anyways. Should run, right? :lol:
Serioously though, definitely check all electrical components, especially connectors and splices. Get a good multi-meter.
But if you are converting it to gas you might as well swap out all the wiring just to be sure.

84cucv1ton

well here is what i have so far as my plans:

got a 78 454 running perfect. good compression on all cylinders 5600 miles. th400 went out and the truck just sat. $450 for it. a few have said i paid to much. i thought i did ok for the price.

have a th400/205 from a 88 1ton with a round pattern 205. fixed yoke and got the drive shafts to $400, i know i did good on this. they seem to sell for a lot around dirty NJ.

6" tuff country lift, 4" flip in the rear from DIY 4x4 with 56" 2" lift spring from tuff country. thinking im going to go with NWF crossover. was going to get a lockright for the dana 60, to save a bit of money i was thinking about just having the spider gears welded up.

so far this is my start. let me know what you think

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
450$ for a running 454 is a good deal. Should be a heck of a truck when complete.

truck0590

84cucv1ton said:
well here is what i have so far as my plans:

got a 78 454 running perfect. good compression on all cylinders 5600 miles. th400 went out and the truck just sat. $450 for it. a few have said i paid to much. i thought i did ok for the price.
Sounds like you did pretty good to me. What kind of truck was it in?

84cucv1ton said:
6" tuff country lift, 4" flip in the rear from DIY 4x4 with 56" 2" lift spring from tuff country. thinking im going to go with NWF crossover. was going to get a lockright for the dana 60, to save a bit of money i was thinking about just having the spider gears welded up.
How much did this run you?

Truck

CCATLETT1984

84cucv1ton said:
thinking im going to go with NWF crossover. was going to get a lockright for the dana 60, to save a bit of money i was thinking about just having the spider gears welded up.
so far this is my start. let me know what you think
I highly recommend the NWF crossover steering setup, Its what i have on my truck. One thing replace the nylon bushings and springs while you have the kingpins apart, its a cheap thing and you wont have to do it again for a LONG time.

I'm not sure your gonna like it if you weld the diff on the front, if you are in slippery stuff, you will not turn and just go in a straight line with the wheels turned. Its a pain in the A$$ to turn a truck with a locked front diff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks