• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner of MEP-002A

rbivens

Greetings. Just picked up my "new" MEP-002A. I want to go through the fuel system first, but haven't removed/replaced anything yet. My question: does the first fuel filter canister (water separator?) contain a filter that needs replaced? I want to purchase all filters before I start taking things apart, so I haven't looked.

Also, I assume that the other fuel filter canisters contain identical filters (FRAM C1125PL). If the first one has a filter, is it also a FRAM C1125PL?

BTW, SS has been a great help to me so far.

rbivens

I just found my answer in the -12 manual. It appears that the first canister is a strainer, and can be cleaned repeatedly (no replaceable filter). The other canisters are the primary and secondary filters, which apparently are identical.

My apologies for the goofy question, maybe this will help other newbies...

Isaac-1

The electric fuel pumps also have screw off removable bottom plates with a filter inside. The old style filter is a mesh basket in a plastic framework, the new style is a white porous ceramic tube. The old style ones can be cleaned, I am not sure about the new style.

Ike

jamawieb

You are correct about the strainer, it is metal and segmented, it rinses clean. The other 2 are the same filters.

storeman

Great to have young blood available. Had two SS members stop by together today to pick up two 003a engines. Not as young as your stepson but they sure were handy in helping me load (from a storage unit) and unload (at the flea market) a Fisher Papa Bear wood stove at over 400 lbs. Thanks Ed and Dave, if you are lurking. Enjoyed meeting you and our time together.

BTW: On topic, the ceramic filters clean out well with compressed air blaster and clean fuel dip or mineral spirits dip.

Jerry

rbivens

Thanks storeman. Something else I don't have to buy!

Once I get started on it I'm sure I'll have more questions, and I'll be sure to post pictures of my progress.

edgephoto

Good luck with your purchase.

I see your unit has 2 batteries. Mine came with batteries that were dated 2010. They showed 11.5 volts and were a bit low on electrolyte. Topped them off with water and put them on a slow charge. They load test great. Maybe you will get lucky. If they are sulfated there are some tricks you can try to bring them back to life. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks