• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New RIG-M1008

Bozor1000

Hi guys, I am new to this website. I just won my m1008 out of Barstow, CA for 1200.00, which is including tax and 10 percent preminum. What things do I need to know when I go get it? Will it have keys or not? Can I pull it home with a tow bar after I disconnect the driveshafts? I've owned a 1984 K20 before, but I am new to this Military Surplus. I am now submitting the EUC for approval. I know, by looking at other threads, that it can take up to a month and a half before I go and get it. From the looks of the picture, the truck doesn't look like it is that bad of shape. It has 51,000 miles on it. It is complete and has the troop seats in the rear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the help,
Steve Navarro

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Luck with your new truck. They might give you a key, remember, one key fits all CUCVs. they do flat tow if you set it up right, I've trailered mine home just to be safe. Did you inspect it before you bought it? Check for bent driveshaft, cracked tailhousing, which is common from a lot of them being lifted improperly with a forklift. By all means get a TM for your truck and keep reading it. Sure helps when you get to some problem that you can't figure out. If it makes you feel any better, I am still waiting for a SF97 for a M1028a1 I bought over 2 monthes ago. Over all these are good trucks for the money, and this board helps a lot with any problems you may have on down the road. Good Luck!

m4A1

I was watching those and they all went for a very good price. If it was closer to me I would have bought one but 5 hours away is a bit far.

dilvoy

I don't see why this thread is worhtless without a foto.

Bozor 1000, You don't need to remove the front driveshaft to flat tow, if you have the hubs in the free position. I would also suggest that you just check over everything for loose or missing nuts or bolts. Sometimes these vehicles are cannibalized and can have the nuts taken off of tie rods or something else that might make for a possible problem, while towing. I have bought about thirty of those trucks and only one had all of the fluids drained, so it probably isen't the case in yours, but you might just check that there is oil in the rear diff, before you flat tow it more than outside of the front gate.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One key does not actually fit all CUCVs. I've had trucks that my "master" key did not fit. I've been to John Winslow's and his key would not work on my truck. I inspected 15 or so Blazers at Letterkenny a few years backl and my key worked on about 12 of them. o, to conclude, the normal key should work, but it may not.

m4A1

I bought 2 CUCV's and my key fit both but the one my brother bought the key did not fit. We had to replace the cylinders.

alphadeltaromeo

dilvoy...it's the unwritten rule that new truck wins get pics put up...or else the "user" is banished from the site rofl

But in all seriousness, it would be great to see the new win and allow us the pleasure of commenting on how wonderful the new truck looks. Congrats on the new win!

Andy

JohnFire

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! don't tell anyone Maddawg only looks at the pictures, just like the magazines that he says have great articles(great pics). LOL rofl just kidding Mike heh heh

Bozor1000

Thanks for all the information. I will post pictures when I get the truck. I going to document the build from the time I pick up the truck, til the time I get it on it's first shake down canyon run. I like the fact these trucks are from the factory with a 60 and a 14bff and locker. So I sholuld have no problem flat towing it from Barstow to Riverside? I've owned a 3/4 ton before and I know how weak the 14bsf and 10 bolt are. I was going swap a 60 and 14bff in that one but the truck was stolen. So now it's the waiting game. You guys on this website seem really cool compared to other forum's I have belonged to. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks Steve

CCATLETT1984

if you are flat towing, just be sure the front hubs are unlocked, and pull the rear driveshaft. (just disconnect from the rear axle and secure it up out of the way, otherwise you will have ATF leaking from the transfer case.

Bozor1000

Yeah I know about the drive shaft and the leaky ATF. I went to UTI in Rancho Cucamonga. The only thing they didn't teach there was about diesel. But I will figure it out. I read a lot of these post here and see a lot of trouble shooting information. I figurede that I came to the right forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks