• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Snorkel

84crawling

Ok so i guess this is my first real post since getting into the duce game, but its been fun so far.. After getting my truck in december she's got some paint and a heater so now and i thought it would be a good time for a snorkel. it looked easy enough so after a quick trip to lowes and some thinking i came up with what i think is a good looking set up. but lets hear what u guys think.

It's made up of a turned down 4'' pice of pvc that connects the truck air box to the 3'' 90-degree, some 3'' pvc for a stack,and a 3 to 3 coupler maked a good fit for the stock intake cap.

random pic's 354.jpg

random pic's 355.jpg

random pic's 357.jpg

random pic's 358.jpg

random pic's 359.jpg

random pic's 360.jpg

jwaller

I'm sorry but even painted black it still looks like pvc. not a big fan but if you like it then it's yours to keep. my suggestion is that you have made a great pattern, take it to a muffler shop and have it copied in metal tubing.

Parker2

Looks okay to me. I think you'll need to support it some how. A few good bumps and that thing will probably whip around pretty good. Maybe lean it up against the mirror brakets and connect it somehow.
Keep having fun with it.:beer:

Heavysteven

Your truck looks good, but I am not be fan of the sch 40 PVC. I would go the metal route.

Have you ran tubing from all the axles, tc, trans to the air filter box?

Are you planing on going into deep water?

84crawling

thanks fot the ideas, ill keep playing..and im planning on running the vent lines to higher ground lol and the air compresser to the air box..i dont see getting in deep water but sometimes things go from bad to worse and its cheaper to plan ahead..

With that high of an intake, you will need scuba gear to drive if you test its limits...
While it does look better painted, I have to agree with the muffler shop idea. I also wonder how long that paint will stick before bugs and other things cause it to flake off.

bigbear83

Did the same thing with my truck for 50 bucks I used bed liner spray and sanded down the PVC joints to look more fluid instead of like Lego's stuck together. Its definitely a good idea if you don't have 300 dollars to throw at something you may never need but if you do it'll work and it only cost 50 bucks. All I'm saying. If you go to a muffler shop you might as well spend the extra 100 bucks and get the one from c&c.