• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New SS member in from Sydney Australia

Tankradio

Hello everyone, this looks like such a good site I thought I would join right away.

I'm a retired Australian Federal Policeman and a former soldier in the Australian Regular Army.

Since 1979 I've been collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage and ex Military vehicles and equipment of US, British and Australian manufacture.

Some of the more significant gear I have owned and restored include M548 (current), Willys MB, Ford GPW, GMC CCKW 353 open and closed cab, GMC CCW 353 6x4, Centurion Mk 5/1 (Aust) Main Battle Tank, M3 Stuart Light tank, LP2A Bren Carrier, Carrier 2Pdr Tank Attack, Mk1 Scout Carrier, Daimler Ferret Mk1, Daimler Ferret Mk2, Daimler Dingo Scout Car, FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier, Military Land Rovers, Army Caterpillar D4 2 T, various CMP trucks, CMP based Rhino Armoured Car and numerous Military radio and generator sets.

I tried to buy a tired and abused M?? Series 6x6 truck with whistler diesel a few years ago but the asking price was too high. (Love the sound of that engine)

My current big project is an M548 Tracked Load Carrier which has had the cargo bay sides cut down and many other parts removed and discarded. I absutey love the sound of the Detroit 6V53 and the click of the tracks on the move - takes me back to my Army days as a young soldier !

Looking forward to making some new friends and sharing the passion for US and Military machinery.

The downloadable manuals on this site are terrific and very much appreciated !

Cheers

Phill

ryan77

Welcome from Chicago! Gaday "mate" how uzz doing!! Crocodile Dundee is one of my favorite movies!!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW. This is strangely like the Brits. You guys can buy Armor from your .gov, but can't own a simple handheld weapon! Makes me mad mate. Both in the fact you can't defend yourselves, and we can't buy the big stuff.

Weird paradox. Welcome aboard TankRadio! Impressive list of vehicles! We need some pics!!!!! PICS PICS! BTW how do you like the 432? I've thought long and hard about buying one here in the states.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gday mate, Welcome from the Smitten Mitten..! Your in good company around here.

Answer me this. Do they still have that ball water fountain at the end of George street in King Cross..? Is the Hard Rock Café still open at the other end..? My favorite experience in Sydney was bungee jumping off the off the Harbor Bridge. I enjoyed Mona Vail and scuba diving around Bondi Beach. Thanks for bringing back some good memories..!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good piece of advise, Look up My friend Kyle Jenson, he lives in Worry Wood NSW, he is a wealth for any part imaginable. He flys out to LAX, loads containers with mercedes and big truck PARTS ONLY. There is no duty tax on auto parts and customs is a breeze. Tell kyle: The yankee from Michigan says hello and give him a call, same number..Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........this looks like such a good site I thought I would join right away.......
That was about time! How can someone owning- and having restored- so many MV's (what we call "seriously OD-infected"!) ... have missed STEELSOLDIERS for so long????:razz:

Welcome aboard, from the other side of the Globe!

G.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WELCOME------ My wife's brother lives in Sydney and we hope to visit next your---- CHEERS MATE!

Tankradio

Whoa ! That's quite a welcoming committee ! Thanks to you all.

So many questions I may have to PM them one at a time.

Just to put things in perspective, I currently only have the Land Rovers, Caterpillar D4, the Ferret Scout cars AND the M548 carrier these days.

Cheers

Phill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks