• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new step ladder mounted

goldneagle

It's a nice ladder but the 1 flaw I see is that it would make it harder to close the tailgate if you had the vinyl cargo cover on. I would be better if the ladder would fold up when closing the tailgate.

chp925

i'll be getting a cargo cover soon so i'll see if i have any problems. i would think i could just lift the cover over the ladder with no problems tho but thanks for the heads up. i'll also call the place i got the ladder from and ask them this qestion also. i'll post back when i find out. at this point it works great for entering the bed and it is solid as a rock

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would work fine on my M-36, since it will always have the S-280 on it and not a cargo cover. Also easier than carrying an external ladder that has to be stowed somewhere. Might be able to cure the problem with the back flap beating against it by putting some of the foam pipe insulation around the sides of the ladder with zip ties to give it a wider, softer surface to impact.

goldneagle

It would work fine on my M-36, since it will always have the S-280 on it and not a cargo cover. Also easier than carrying an external ladder that has to be stowed somewhere. Might be able to cure the problem with the back flap beating against it by putting some of the foam pipe insulation around the sides of the ladder with zip ties to give it a wider, softer surface to impact.
I was more concerned with trying to close the tailgate with the back curtain in the way. Right now I lift the tailgate partially up and then pull the vinyl curtain over it so I can close it. The ladder would make it harder to lift the vinyl to clear the tailgate. I am not saying it can't be done, just more of a pain! If th ladder was designed to fold right at the top of the tailgate it would be better. All you need it 2 bolts for the hinge point.

Adrian A

I have a step similar. Everything will close fine. This is one of the best things I have added to my truck. It makes access a breeze.

A3 man

I'll tell you guys the way to go , on my deuce I bought a step daddy ladder . It mounts across the tailgate locking in place then swings out and down to the ground with the chains holding the tailgate at 90*. It has a handle that swings up locking in place. If you call them with your height ( from ground to the top of your tailgate at 90 degrees) they'll take good care of you. They are truly a great American company. Buy American made !

greg burns

A3 man:
If you get the chance could you post a picture or two. It is a little hard to visualize. It would also be nice to have a price comparison. Thanks.

MtnSnow

Depends on how you go about mounting it...If on the tailgate then the tailgate needs to be at the 90. If mounted to the bed then the tailgate needs to be completely down. (note that if done to the bed then it does take up space when "stored")

I have yet to purchase one for my 5 ton but the one on my lifted Ford has been great.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks