• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New style power steering pump

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know about the bearing tools, I was refering to this puller.
There is no lip on the pulley for the puller to grab on
s-l500.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been thru 3 pumps so far after I installed my MM winch. The pumps work great until I hook a load and then the winch stalls and bam nothing works. Oem and aftermarket napa pumps used. 30 dollars PayPal for the person that figures this nightmare out.
As soon as I install a new pump everything works great until I use the winch (brand new)

Do I need the new style power steering pump with this winch?
Others will disagree but the guy who sold this FNG his current rig told me to avoid the hydraulic pumps for this reason.

I don't mean to offend and I don't mean to start a raucous debate. I don't have enough experience to do more than parrot what he said to me.

I already have 2 electrics for front and back, so I was not planning to go hydraulic, but that is what I was told by a guy who has owned more than his share of M998's.

Best,

T

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guy's I appreciate the feedback
I have the tool on order, I will let you know how this "one more project" turns out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks