• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 1984 M1010 Engine Question #1

nyoffroad

While you have the tank out, remove the filter and use an air hose to blow any and all crud and old fuel BACK to the open line from the tank. Shouldn't be any crud but can't hurt to check, dump that fuel! It's not worth saving, replace it with new clean fuel and dump that old crap in with some oil for recycling. To help purge all the air out of the empty fuel lines crack the line loose at the fuel pump and after putting the new fuel in the tank use a blow gun and some rags to apply a few PSI into the tank, that will force fuel up to the pump eliminating a lot of air. Use soldier #2 to watch for fuel at the loose fitting. This saves a LOT of cranking on the starter.

ballencd

I finally got the tank from LMC. It actually showed up pretty fast but took me a few days to get back to the shop to install it. I got it in, bled the lines and it started right up with about 5 seconds on the glow plugs. I have not taken it for a spin yet but I am hoping that this finally fixes the issue. My gauge is now working too. Win - Win!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks