• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M1088

Got the air leak fixed.... one way valve behind the bumper was the culprit. I swear every time I fix one thing I find 3 more than need fixing. Today's list includes new fans for the trans cooler, horn and marker light that got busted.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think through your fan replacement. I didn't break anything when I moved my trans cooler but went with two much lower profile 24v fans. A simple blanking plate over the core matrix with round holes sized for the fans got the job done in a package that was 5-6" shorter overall than the OEM unit:

I still haven't hooked up the power to them but they will blow down over the muffler. This version of the mount I made just uses muffler clamps to secure the vertical legs to the chassis crossmember. I am pretty sure this will be the final version but that may change once I get the subframe built.

Think through your fan replacement. I didn't break anything when I moved my trans cooler but went with two much lower profile 24v fans. A simple blanking plate over the core matrix with round holes sized for the fans got the job done in a package that was 5-6" shorter overall than the OEM unit:

I still haven't hooked up the power to them but they will blow down over the muffler. This version of the mount I made just uses muffler clamps to secure the vertical legs to the chassis crossmember. I am pretty sure this will be the final version but that may change once I get the subframe built.
Looks really good! Where did you get those fans from, model # if you don’t mind sharing

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, no problem, but will need to back through my order histories. I think they were off Summit or Jegs but can verify later.

So I think I'm ready to start the sub-frame and habitat now. Until yesterday afternoon I was feeling like I had resolved all the base vehicle issues. Then this:
I hadn't messed with the CTIS at all because I had so many air leaks I knew that it wouldn't function til i could get the tanks up to the correct pressure. I started the truck knowing that I have all the air leaks (for now) fixed and everything started airing up like normal. The HWY light was blinking and I could hear the tires filling and checking. The tires got up to the correct pressure and The system blew off a little air, then solid 5 lights........ I don't understand why the controller decided to take a dump now. It was working fine, then just dead.

Kbarnes0

So I think I'm ready to start the sub-frame and habitat now. Until yesterday afternoon I was feeling like I had resolved all the base vehicle issues. Then this:
I hadn't messed with the CTIS at all because I had so many air leaks I knew that it wouldn't function til i could get the tanks up to the correct pressure. I started the truck knowing that I have all the air leaks (for now) fixed and everything started airing up like normal. The HWY light was blinking and I could hear the tires filling and checking. The tires got up to the correct pressure and The system blew off a little air, then solid 5 lights........ I don't understand why the controller decided to take a dump now. It was working fine, then just dead.
I'm just getting mine ready to use. Mine has had five steady lights since I got it. My truck hasn't been charging (new regulator coming today) I'm hopeful that it is a low voltage issue similar to how the transmission acts. I have a post with the question out titled "air over hydraulic and ctis questions" . TM's doesn't describe 5 steady lights for a fault. Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same.

I'm just getting mine ready to use. Mine has had five steady lights since I got it. My truck hasn't been charging (new regulator coming today) I'm hopeful that it is a low voltage issue similar to how the transmission acts. I have a post with the question out titled "air over hydraulic and ctis questions" . TM's doesn't describe 5 steady lights for a fault. Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same.
Everything I've researched and read states 5 solid red lights means controller is toast. I'm going to try and get my hands on a working unit to see if it is indeed the culprit and I will let you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks